Skip to Content
Blonde student wearing a backpack holding a laptop in a
Transfer Students
Thinking About Transferring to Normandale?

We’d be thrilled for you to join us! Enroll as a transfer student and finish your degree at Normandale Community College.

We make it as easy and worry-free as possible to transfer your credits. Join our diverse student body - we’re sure you’ll fit right in!

We are currently accepting applications for Summer and Fall 2024.
Summer 2024: Apply by July 8, 2024
Fall 2024: Apply by August 14, 2024

If you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment coursework through Normandale in the last two years, you do not have to re-apply to take courses as an undergraduate student. Instead, fill out the PSEO to General Student Status Request eForm here.

How Do I Apply and Enroll?

Take the following steps to apply and enroll as a transfer student:

1. apply online

To get started, you create a "StarID.” This will be your username throughout your college career. Once you're logged in, the application form will guide you through the easy questions and submission process.

This short video provides step-by step instructions for completing Normandale's online application.

Watch the Tutorial Apply Now

2. Submit transcripts and Test Scores

Transfer students who have taken college-level coursework at a regionally accredited college or university may have already satisfied some or all course placement requirements. Also, score reports for any ACT, SAT and MCA may help to determine your course placements. Upload test scores using the document submitter

For Minnesota State Schools: Our admission staff can obtain Minnesota State transcripts electronically on your behalf.

For All Other Schools: Request official transcripts for institutions that are not a part of the Minnesota State system. If you've attended more than one college, request official transcripts from each school.

The request process differs by school. We recommend choosing secure electronic PDF delivery when available. Contact your attended school for details. Official paper transcripts should bear institution letterhead. They must be prepared and sealed by the issuing school and mailed directly to:

Normandale Community College
Attn: Records and Registration
9700 France Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55431-4399

Also include any Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) official score reports.

3. Satisfy Course Placements

The admissions email will tell you if we need more information to determine your course placements

4. Complete the New Student Online Orientation

After we determine your course placements, you'll get an email with instructions on how to complete online orientation. After completing orientation, you can meet with an academic advisor to register for classes.

Transferring Credits

Find out how the courses and exams you've already taken will transfer to Normandale.

Financial Aid

Financial aid doesn’t automatically come with you. Learn how to transfer your financial aid to Normandale.


Normandale offers scholarships for transfer students. Learn which ones you're eligible for and how you can apply.


Have Transfer Questions?

Transitions can be tricky, and we're here to help. Contact advising for answers to your questions about transferring to Normandale.

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum

The MnTC makes it easier to transfer between Minnesota state colleges and universities.

Transfer Out

Find information about transferring out of Normandale to a 4-year school.


Room C1180

Hours: Mondays-Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Virtual Service Only Fridays, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Chat M-Th 10 a.m.-4 p.m., F 8 a.m.-12 p.m.

Chat with Admissions

Schedule an Appointment

After Hours? Try Minnesota State Live Chat

upper arrowtop