Skip to Content

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum

What is the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum?

Minnesota public colleges and universities work together to make transferring between schools as easy as possible. To do this, we use a program called the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).

The MnTC is a set of 10 goal areas that cover a variety of subjects. Combined, they fulfill the general education requirements for all public institutions in Minnesota. Each school designates its courses within the goal areas.

What Are the Requirements?

The MnTC requires you to:

  • Complete requirements in each of the 10 goal areas
  • Earn at least 40 credits from MnTC courses
  • Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher

The MnTC notation is automatically applied to your transcript after meeting these requirements. You can then seamlessly transfer your general education credits to any other state school. Some regional public and private colleges and universities also accept the MnTC.

Which Courses Meet the Goals?

See the MnTC 2023-2024 Program Guide for a list of Normandale Goal Area courses, or use the Advanced Search in e-Services Courses & Registration.

View Your Progress

You can use e-Services to view your MnTC progress if you currently attend a Minnesota institution. Watch our how to understand your Degree Audit Report video then go to "Academic Records" and then "Degree Audit" to review.

Non-Minnesota State Colleges and Universities

The following regional public and private colleges and universities also accept the MnTC:

  • University of Minnesota
  • Augsburg University
  • Bethany Lutheran College
  • Capella University
  • College of St Scholastica
  • Concordia College - Moorhead
  • Concordia University - St. Paul
  • Gustavus Adolphus College
  • Mayville State University
  • North Dakota State University
  • Northland College
  • St. Catherine University
  • St. Mary's University
  • University of North Dakota
  • University of St. Thomas
  • University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
  • University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
  • University of Wisconsin - River Falls
  • University of Wisconsin - Stout
  • University of Wisconsin - Superior

Talk with an admissions counselor at your target institution to find out how they apply the MnTC.

Planning to Transfer?

See our Transfer Guides and Tools for resources to help you plan your transfer to another school.

Seeking an AA Degree?

To complete your Associate of Arts Degree, you'll need to earn a total of 60 credits.


Advising, Counseling and Career Center

upper arrowtop