Skip to Content

Transfer Process and Appeals

How We Transfer Credits from Colleges and Universities

We grant equivalent credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities, and additional credit for non-collegiate and non-regionally accredited college coursework, in accordance with Normandale and Minnesota State policy.

At the time of application, transfer students submit an official transcript of coursework completed at all institutions that are not a part of the Minnesota State system (we can obtain Minnesota State transcripts electronically on students’ behalf).

Students who have attended more than one college request official transcripts from each college they attended. The Records Office evaluates the transcript to determine the number of credits that will be accepted in transfer and applies it to the student's record. Advisors may further evaluate the transcript for degree planning purposes and to determine how transfer coursework satisfies Normandale degree requirements.

You can view the most current transfer course equivalency information in Transferology. Transferology is a free website that allows students to create an account, and see how courses transfer between institutions. Not every institution uses Transferology, but most in Minnesota do – and we recommend creating an account and using this tool. We also encourage you to review Transfer Guides and Tools for additional transfer equivalency resources.

Policies and Evaluations


If you are an incoming transfer student, many of your questions can be answered during the new student orientation and advising process. If you have additional questions about how your credits have transferred or need help with degree planning, you can schedule an appointment with Advising and Counseling.

Meet with an Advisor


Advising, Counseling and Career Center

upper arrowtop