Welcome back! If you are returning to Normandale after being away for a while, the following information can get you started back up.
START HERE! Complete the eform to get one-on-one support and help from a Student Services Coach on next steps!
Set up your StarID and password.
- Your StarID is used to access eServices, D2L, and email. If you need to look up or activate your StarID, or reset your password, do so here.
- Your TechID is an 8 digit number on your Student ID card. If you no longer have it, request an unofficial transcript, and your TechID will be in the top right corner.
Update your record.
- Make sure that your name, address and major are current.
- Send an official transcript of any colleges you attended since you were last enrolled at Normandale. Most can now be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Register for classes.
- Your StarID and password are needed to log into eServices. You can review the degrees currently offered and their requirements here.
- Placement test results for Reading and English placement expire after 5 years; Math placements expire after 2 years (or, if you submitted ACT, SAT, or MCA scores, they are valid for 5 years).
- If you have not taken the correct courses and your results have expired, you will need to go through the placement process.
Get help with academic planning.
- Meet with an academic advisor or counselor and get off to a good start! To make a 30-minute planning appointment, schedule online or call 952.358.8621.
- Got a quick question? Click the red "Chat Now" to the right.
Pay for classes.
- If you intend to use financial aid, make sure you complete the FAFSA or the Minnesota Dream Act application.
- You will be able to access Financial Aid and Payments and Billing information in your eServices.
Buy your textbooks.
- Once you have registered, you can order your books here. Go to TEXTBOOKS on the menu, and enter your class information (which can be found in eServices under "Review my Plan").
Access your Normandale email and D2L regularly.
- You are required to use your Normandale email account. Pay special attention to the login directions, since you don't enter your email address.
- D2L is our course management system, and essential to your success as a student. It is accessed with your StarID and password.