READY TO GRADUATE? Click here to apply!
Congratulations on your accomplishments here at Normandale Community College!
You deserve to be very proud of this significant academic achievement. It is exciting to consider graduating and moving on to the next phase of your life.
Graduation is the completion of all degree requirements as recorded on the official transcript. Normandale establishes a graduation date for each semester. A student’s date of graduation shall be the graduation date established for the term in which all degree requirements have been met. Requirements must be met within one month of the end of that term.
* These requirements include:
- Completing all course and credit requirements for the student’s intended degree or certificate, as outlined in the Programs of Study section of this catalog.
- Meeting the Normandale residency requirement: Completing at least 20 credits at Normandale if earning an associate degree; completing at least 1/3 of the required credits at Normandale if earning a certificate.
- Earning a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in all college-level coursework.
- Completing any certifications and passing background checks, if required for the student’s intended degree.
- Submitting final transcripts from other institutions, when other institution's coursework will be used to fulfill Normandale degree requirements.
- Resolving incompletes and/or obtaining grade changes for any courses that satisfy Normandale degree requirements.
- Obtaining final approval of academic petitions that impact the student’s degree program (such as a waiver of a graduation requirement or acceptance of outside credit). Academic petition forms are available from Advising and Counseling or online at www.normandale.edu/gradforms.
READY TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION? The Graduation Application eForm is available here.
Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of a degree or certificate. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not imply that you have officially graduated.
The annual commencement ceremony is held in mid-May for spring degree candidates and for degree recipients of the prior summer and fall. Spring candidates for certificates of 9 or more credits and students who earned certificates with nine or more credits during the prior summer or fall are also invited to participate.
Honors will be awarded to associate degree graduates with a cumulative Normandale grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 - 3.49 in college-level courses (numbered 1000 and above) and high honors to graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher. For purposes of the commencement ceremony, honors for spring graduates will be determined by the student’s cumulative GPA through fall semester. The final designation, as it appears on the transcript and diploma, will be based on grades earned in all Normandale college-level coursework. Commencement honors are not awarded for certificates.
READY TO PARTICIPATE IN COMMENCEMENT? Detailed commencement information is mailed in early spring to those who have either graduated or submitted a Graduation Application by the spring priority deadline.