Student Resources Checklist
Welcome to Normandale
Welcome to Normandale! Open or print this check-list and use the resources below to make sure you are ready for the start of classes.
Save the date for our fall kick-off events in August! You'll have the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor to adjust your schedule, discuss your financial aid information with a student services coach, tour our campus and more.
We will be hosting three kick-off sessions on our campus:
- August 4 from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- August 10 from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm (PSEO Focused)
- August 16 from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Academic Advising and Counseling
Advising and Counseling appointments are available through Zoom and phone, and can be scheduled online. Advising and Counseling also offers Express Advising chat to assist with registration, making schedule adjustments, and answering quick questions.
The easiest way to access help is through our live chat!
Finding your Schedule & Getting your Books
- To get started, you'll first need to have a copy of your schedule. Click here to see how to find your schedule in e-services. Once you have your schedule, head to http://bookstore.normandale.edu/SelectTermDept to order your books. All orders must be placed online through the Normandale Bookstore website. For a detailed step by step instructions how to place a book order, please visit the Bookstore.
- Shipping and Book Pick-up: Books can be shipped via UPS for a delivery fee or students can schedule an appointment for curbside pickup. Students will receive two emails. The first email will be a confirmation email that the order has been received and a second email will confirm when the order is ready to be picked up or to be shipped. The second email will also contain information on how to schedule an appointment for curbside pickup. Students must present a photo ID to pick up their order.
- Paying for Books: Books can be paid for with a credit card online, or can be added to your tuition and fees bill through Textbook Charging. Book charging allows you to add the cost of your books, up to $600, purchased at the Normandale Textbook Depot to your tuition and fees bill. It is an interest-free line of credit that allows you to wait until after the semester has started to pay for your books. Financial Aid applicants and students who are enrolled in the Nelnet Payment Plan may be able to use book charging. For additional details, please visit: https://www.normandale.edu/paying-for-college/book-charging-service
- PSEO Books - PSEO students will automatically have their textbooks picked and processed by Bookstore staff based on their registration. Once textbooks are ready, PSEO students will receive an e-mail to their Normandale E-mail account with instructions on how to pick-up their textbooks. Bookstore staff will review PSEO student schedule changes on a daily basis, and changes will be made to textbook orders accordingly.
PSEO Students should not directly place orders through the Bookstore website.
For more information on PSEO Books, please visit the Bookstore.
Are you ready for online classes?
Course Delivery Methods (Hybrid vs Synchronous vs Asynchronous)
- Blended/Hybrid & Mostly Online Courses are delivered using a combination of online and on-campus teaching methods. This semester, most hybrid classes are those requiring labs like Biology, Chemistry, and Art classes. If you have a Hybrid class on your schedule, make sure you are prepared to commute to campus at the required times. Mostly Online classes, such as some theater classes, will only require students to come to campus a few times during the semester for specific events, such as exams.
- Synchronous Online Classes are completely online, but require students to log in at specific times during the week for online discussions or lectures. These classes will have days and times listed on e-services and students will need to make sure they can attend class during the times listed.
- Asynchronous Online Classes are completely online and do not require students to log-in at any specific time during the week. E-services will show these classes as N/A for day and time.
Prepare for your Online Classes
Our tutoring services are available to all Normandale students at no cost and designed to help students be successful at Normandale.
- Office for Students with Disabilities
The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) provides access and inclusion to Normandale courses and activities by offering students accommodations, individualized educational support, and academic and referral information.
- Student Resource Center
The Student Resource Center connects students to campus and community resources and services to help them overcome barriers that interfere with their academic success.
- Center for Experiential Education
Gain experience and develop skills through volunteer and internship positions through the Center for Experiential Education.
- Veterans Resource Center
The Veterans Resource Center serves as a place on campus that Veterans and Service members can call their own and feel at home. The VRC is a great place to socialize and network with fellow students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
As a student, you may experience a range of life issues that can become barriers to learning. Our counselors provide individual appointments, crisis intervention, referrals when necessary, and mental health information and brochures.
The Library provides a wide range of information resources, various rental technology options, and quality professional services to students in their intellectual, career, and personal development.
- TRIO/Student Suport Services
TRIO/Student Support Services Program helps students focus on academic and personal development to build strong foundations to stay in college, transfer and/or graduate.
What is On Campus
If you are coming for one of our in-person courses, or to use our campus resources, please review our updated Coronavirus Information before coming to campus. Any person entering any campus buildings is required to wear a face covering in all public areas regardless of vaccination status.