We are pleased to offer payment plan options from Nelnet Business Solutions for Education. Nelnet is a tuition management plan that provides students with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and fees.
The Nelnet payment plan will allow you to make payments by
- Automatic monthly payments from your checking or savings account, or credit card.
- The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee, a portion of which is remitted to Normandale, and convenience/service fees for credit/debit card transactions.
Through Nelnet, you will be able to
- Arrange for a down payment and monthly payments
- Pay in full from checking or savings account (fees apply)
- Pay in full with a credit card (fees apply)
- You will need the following information to complete the payment plan application:
- Checking or Savings Account Number (you can have multiple accounts but you have to specify what account to use and you can only make two changes per semester)
- Bank Routing Number (The first 9 digits located on the bottom left of your check. The number begins with a 0, 1, or 2)
- Credit Card Number and Expiration Date (if using a credit card to make payments)
- Down payment, if applicable, will be deducted immediately after you complete your application
- Students can update:
• Contact Information (address, phone, email)
• Authorized Parties
• Financial Accounts
• Correspondence and notification settings
• Username, password and security questions
• Payment due date (up to twice per semester)
The $25 non-refundable fee will be deducted immediately from your checking or savings account (if you used a checking or savings account to make your payments).
There is a 24-hour lag period before your payment plan information is available in eServices.
Monthly payment plan
Automatic monthly payments applied to your credit card [VISA, MasterCard, and Discover/Novus (call 800-609-8056 for more details)]. Please note: The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee, a portion of which is remitted to Normandale, and convenience fees for credit/debit card transactions. If you elect to pay your account in full, the only fees charged are the $2 fee for full payment and convenience/service fees for credit/debit card transactions.
You may choose to add the cost of your textbooks to your payment plan. Go to the book charging page for additional information.
Please enroll early to assure that your classes are held.
View the Fall 2021 - Summer 2022 Payment Plan document for more details regarding the schedule and deadlines.
View the Fall 2022 - Summer 2023 Payment Plan document for more details regarding the schedule and deadlines.
- Click here to proceed to the Student e-Services website.
- Log on using your MN State Colleges & Universitiesʻs StarID login and password.
- Once logged on, select Bills and Payments, then select Enroll in a New Payment Plan.
- Watch this video for step by step instructions.
For help, please email Student Services or call 952-358-8100.
When you drop classes, add classes, or receive your financial aid award letter, it is the student's responsibility to notify Sandi in the Payments & Billing Office, in writing or via email, to these changes at least 10 days before your next scheduled payment. Your Nelnet agreement will be automatically increased for any added courses or fees. Automatic payments can not be adjusted during the first five days leading up to your payment date.