How to create persistent links in Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Connect to the Academic OneFile (Gale) database. (Note: If you are off campus, you will need to login with your StarID and password. Off-campus access instructions.)
- Perform your search and choose a full-text article.
- Click the article title to view the full-text article.
- Click the "Bookmark" icon in the upper right of the screen to display a persistent link or "Bookmark URL."
- Highlight and copy the URL.
Note: This URL will work off campus despite not showing the proxy prefix. You do not have to add the proxy code.
If you will be posting the link to D2L Brightspace, please read about linking to library resources in D2L Brightspace.
Test! Copy and paste the new link into your browser address bar to make sure it works (remove any spaces in the URL).
Follow the same instructions when creating persistent links in these databases: Business (Gale OneFile), Computer Science (Gale OneFile), Educator's Reference Complete (Gale OneFile), Gale Literature Databases, Gale Literature Resource Center, Gale eBooks, General OneFile (Gale), General Reference Center Gold, Health & Wellness (Gale), Health & Medicine (Gale OneFile), High School Edition (Gale OneFile), Leadership & Management (Gale OneFile), LegalTrac (Gale OneFile), Middle School (Gale In Context), News (Gale OneFile), Nursing and Allied Health Collection, Science (Gale OneFile).
Need assistance? Ask a Librarian or call the Library at (952) 358-8290.