Third Party Policy
Normandale Community College Dental Hygiene Program
Policy on Third Party Comments
The American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation will conduct an accreditation site visit at Normandale Community College on September 8-9, 2016. The United States Department of Education (USDE) procedures require that accrediting agencies provide an opportunity for third-party comment, either in writing or at a public hearing (at the accrediting agency's discretion) with respect to institutions or program scheduled for review. All comments must relate to accreditation standards for the discipline and required accreditation policies. (Appropriate communities of interest would include the public such as faculty, students, program administrators, specialty and dental-related organizations, patients, and consumers.)
Types of comments considered:
- All comments submitted must pertain only to the standards relative to the particular program being reviewed or policies and procedures used in the Commission's accreditation process.
- All comments must be signed; signatures will be removed from comments prior to forwarding them to the program.
- A copy of the standards for the program and/ or copy of the policy on third-party comments may be obtained by contacting the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678 or by calling 1-800-621-8099, extension 4653
Deadline for submission:
- July 08, 2016 is the deadline for receipt of third-party comments to the Commission. (Sixty (60) days prior to the site visit.)
Where to send comments:
- Comments should be sent to the following address:
ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611-2678
What happens after they are sent?
- Comments will be screened by commission staff for relevancy.
- For comments not relevant to these issues, the individual will be notified that the comment is not related to accreditation and, where appropriate, referred to the appropriate agency.
- All relevant, comments will be referred to the program at least 50 days prior to the site visit for review and response. A written response from the program should be provided to the commission office and the site visit team 15 days prior to the site visit.
Institution and Program to be Reviewed: Normandale Community College Dental Hygiene Program
Site-visit Date: September 8-9, 2016
60-Day Deadline for Receipt of Comments in the Commission Office: July 08, 2016
Commission Address: 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611