At this time, we are not taking any ITS Student Worker applications. Check back later in the fall or spring for more information.
ITS Service Desk Assistant (Student Worker)
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk Assistant will provide tier one IT first level support to faculty, staff, and students via phone, email and walk-ups in person, helping users with IT issues and questions. This position will assess, troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate IT incidents while utilizing the IT Service Management tools and ticket system. This position will perform regular duties and special assignments as needed related to support computing and networking. ITS will train all student workers for this position.
Job Functions include:
- Provide tier one IT support in a friendly, respectful and professional manner
- Record, review and resolve/escalate incidents using IT Service Management tools/ticket system
- Maintain cleanliness of the ITS Service Desk, computer labs, and classrooms
- Work collaboratively with other ITS staff to provide exceptional customer service to the campus community
- Must have been awarded Work-Study Financial Aid
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Must commit to working at least 12 hours per week
- Friendly, effective customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; Good typing skills
- General computer knowledge sufficient to resolve tier one IT support support issues
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills; High technical aptitude
- Ability to problem solve and follow ITS training and procedures
- Able to support/famililiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Reliable, respectful, friendly, professional, and self-motivated
Come to the ITS Service Desk L1701, talk to a staff member to more information about the job, and get assistance applying online for this position.
How to apply for this job?
Fill out an online application on Normandale website and you will be contacted by ITS staff member. Please go to http://www.normandale.edu/studentjobs to apply