Admission Procedures for Undergraduates
Individuals applying for admission to Normandale Community College must:
- Apply online or download a printable application available on the Normandale website by visiting the "Apply" page.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $20.
- Students with no previous college experience submit high school transcripts or GED scores (not required for students with previous college experience). Students who anticipate receiving their high school diploma before starting at Normandale Community College may submit an unofficial high school transcript confirming that they are on track to meet their anticipated graduation date. Upon graduation, an official transcript that reflects the student's final grades and date of graduation must be submitted to Normandale. Students who have already graduated from high school must request that an official high school transcript be sent to the college at the address above. Students who have earned a high school equivalency must have their official GED scores submitted to the same address.
- Submit official ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or other score reports that may qualify the student for course placement (see the Course Placement section of this catalog for further information).
- Students with prior college experience should submit an official transcript from each college and university attended. Exception: Due to a System-wide initiative to facilitate the transfer of students between Minnesota State institutions, students who have completed coursework at another Minnesota State institution are not required to submit Minnesota State transcripts at the time of admission. Students with coursework in progress at the time of admission or who complete courses at another institution after admission must contact the Normandale Admissions Office to have those courses transferred to Normandale upon completion of those courses. When the application, application fee and required transcripts have been received, the Normandale Office of Admissions will send a letter verifying that the student's application is complete.