Campus Cupboard: Free Food and Hygiene Items on Campus
The Campus Cupboard provides Normandale students with free food and hygiene items.
- Summer Location: Office for Students with Disabilities (L 2750)
- Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 am-5 pm and Fridays 8 am-12 pm
- Fall location is to be determined
- Fall hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-5 pm and Fri. 8:30 am-12 pm
- Students can come once per day and get up to 2 grocery bags of non-perishable food and hygiene items
What happens when you visit the Campus Cupboard:
- A staff person will ask for your student ID number.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer.
- You will then select your food and personal hygiene items yourself.
- We provide paper grocery bags for your use.
- Our space is setup to maintain social distancing. Staff is regularly sanitizing the space. Everyone's safety is our top priority.
If you have questions please contact Paige Wheeler, firstname.lastname@example.org, (952) 358-9074.
Please review the additional food and basic needs resources below. If you need additional assistance please contact email@example.com, (952) 358-9074.
Normandale Student Resource Center
Find Food Resources Near You
SNAP (Food Stamps)
NEW: We are offering the option to get food and hygiene items delivered from the Campus Cupboard for students who cannot make it to campus and are living within 15 miles of Normandale. Our ability to deliver food is limited so please only use this option if you absolutely cannot come to campus. This may be a temporary option, dependent upon us having staff who can do the deliveries. Details:
Donating to the Campus Cupboard:
The Campus Cupboard is funded by campus and community donors, as well as our nonprofit partner Good in the 'Hood. As of May 2020 we have seen a 48% increase in the number of students using the Campus Cupboard compared to last year. Your support allows us to support these students.
In practicing social distancing people may consider instead donating to the Campus Cupboard via credit card online; select "Other" and put the Campus Cupboard in the Notes. Normandale employees have the option to setup an ongoing donation via payroll deduction; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. All donations qualify for a tax deduction. Save all receipts of any purchases and share with email@example.com.
Why is the Campus Cupboard Needed?
About one third of Normandale students are "food insecure," which means you don't have a limited or uncertain availability of sufficient food (2018 #RealCollege Survey by the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice at Temple University). You can find out about the impact of the Campus Cupboard from our 2019-2020 End of Year Report.
Our community partner Good in the 'Hood is a nonprofit designed to use focused acts of kindness as a means of transforming individual lives, families and communities. We appreciate their major support of the Campus Cupboard. Please visit the Good in the Hood website.
For More Information:
If you have any questions please contact Paige Wheeler at (952) 358-9074 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Hunger Free Campus designation here.