Transfer Credit Evaluation

Course equivalencies for all Minnesota State schools, and many other institutions, are located in Transferology. 

  • Course equivalencies explain how courses taken at other institutions transfer in to Normandale, and also how Normandale courses transfer to other colleges and universities. 
  • If a course transfers as an equivalent course, the specific Normandale course is listed as that equivalent. If a course transfers in but there is no direct match, there will be a note or code explaining if it transfers in as an elective, if it applies in one or more Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) goal areas, or if it doesn't transfer at all. 
  • Courses that do not have a "match" in Transferology need to go through the transfer evaluation process. 

Developmental courses (numbered below 100 or 1000 depending on the numbering system) are evaluated for use in determining course placement or meeting prerequisite requirements. Developmental course credits are not applicable to degree requirements. 

In addition to Transferology, many colleges and universities have their transfer guides and tools posted on their websites. 

Credit by Examination

Equivalencies for the following standardized examinations are available in Transferology:

  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)

To determine the Normandale equivalents of your examinations:

  1. Go to Transferology and create your own free account.
  2. Select "Will My Courses Transfer?"
  3. Click the "Standardized Exams" tab, then pick the type of test you completed and the year you completed it.
  4. Click the + next to each test you completed so they appear under "My Courses," then click "Search for Matches."
  5. Begin typing "Normandale" until the Normandale icon appears, and then select it.