Alumni Achievement Award
For the past 50 years, Normandale Community College has provided a strong educational foundation to thousands of students. Upon leaving Normandale, alumni have taken this educational foundation and contributed to society through their work and/or volunteer involvement.
Normandale's recognizes those alumni who have made outstanding achievements in their life with an Alumni Achievement Award.
Nominate an Outstanding Alumnus
- Nominee must be an alumnus of Normandale Community College. Normandale alumni are:
- Degree and certificate graduates
- Non-graduate and transfer members
- Former students who took a minimum of 18 credits
- Nominee must be living at time of nomination.
- Nominator may nominate up to three individuals.
- If nominee is not selected, their nomination materials will be held and reviewed next year.
To nominate an outstanding Normandale alumnus, fill out the online form.
Questions? Call 952-358-8147.
2014-15 Award Recipients
Antonia Felix is the New York Times bestselling author of sixteen nonfiction books, a novel, a play, and an award-winning environmental column. Her political biographies include Sonia Sotomayor: The True American Dream, (Berkley/Penguin USA), the first hardcover biography of the Supreme Court Justice. Continue reading.
Jake Slegers was born in Tyler, Minnesota. He graduated from Tyler High School and spent the next few years involved in the family farming operation. He attended Normandale Community College in Bloomington, MN, from 1989 to 1991, eventually obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree. Continue reading and view his speech at the awards ceremony.