Normandale's Business Programs are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). To view the report click here. To view additional student achievement data click here.
As an urban community college business department, we educate men and women of diverse backgrounds both to pursue further study in business and to work effectively in public and private organizations.
As a premiere community college business department, our mission is to prepare students of diverse backgrounds to perform successfully in managerial and/or professional roles in either private or public, large or small organizations and to successfully transfer to four-year institutions. We are committed to:
- teaching current business concepts, technologies, trends and practices
- delivering course offereings, programs of study of superior quality and value which respond to the changing needs of our students
- providing associate degree level curricula and cerificates which meet or exceed college transfer or workforce standards
- educational experiences for students to develop skills in business, research, communications, teamwork, leadership, global perspective, critical and creative thinking, social responsibility, personal responsibility, and life skills
- initiatives and alliances with community organizations, employers, and other educational institutions
The Business Department offers the following Associate Degrees:
- Associate of Science Degree in Business
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business: Marketing and Management
We also offer a number of Business Enrichment Certificates:
- General Business Certificate - courses in this certificate are all part of the Associate of Science in Business degree
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Information Management Certificate
- International Business Certificate
- Management Certificate
- Marketing Certificate
- Small Business Management Certificate
This program is designed for possible employment at the associate degree level and for transfer to a Bachelor of Science program at some Minnesota state colleges and universities, private colleges and the University of Minnesota.
Completion of this degree is dependent upon a grade of C or higher in each of the Specialized Career Program Requirements and General Education Requirements.
With a Normanale Business Enrichment Certificate, you have the opportunity to specialize as well as gain new skills to apply to your current or future job.
If you have further questions about this department and you are new to Normandale, make an appointment with an Admissions representative.
Current or returning students should make an appointment with an academic counselor.
Call 952-358-8261 to make either appointment.