In this era of highly competitive job hunting, achieving a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt can make the difference between landing that job or not.
Organizations benefit from having employees gain Six Sigma knowledge and apply Six Sigma practices to their job performance.
Winter/Spring 2018 Programs:
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate - WIOA Approved
- Process Improvement with Root Cause Analysis and SPC
Six Sigma Green Belt
The Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate is for anyone seeking to gain employment in an organization that is committed to increasing customer service, product reliability, and cost reduction.
This course teaches participants how to apply the concepts and tools of Six Sigma. Participants should have a sound knowledge of basic mathematics and be comfortable with computers, particularly MS Excel. A desire to learn and be successful with Six Sigma is more important than analytical abilities. Participants will earn a certificate and be prepared to work on Six Sigma teams supporting Black Belts on projects.
View course schedule here or for more information
Six Sigma Black Belt
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate is for organizations where customer satisfaction, cost reduction and quality improvement are a priority. This course prepares participants to become a valuable process improvement resource, to develop strategic priorities and to lead Six Sigma Projects within the organization.
Please contact us for more information
Process Improvement with Root Cause Analysis and SPC
Based on demand from employers, this workshop provides a system for decision making and action. More and more companies understand that successful delivery of quality products and services ultimately depends on their employees. This course is for individuals seaking to improve process or solve a particularly difficult problem.
- Problem solving process of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Problem definition
- Root Cause Analysis
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Check sheets
- Pareto analysis
- Scatter diagrams
- Cause and effect diagrams
- Nominal group technique
- Control charts (SPC)
- Process capability
- Process FMEA
- Control plans
- Creativity and Desert Survival Exercise
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Identify problems and improve your work processes using an effective rational model.
- Learn to use 5 phases of problem solving.
- Know when and how to effectively use powerful decision making tools.
- Be able to use both individual and team techniques for problem solving.
- Learn how to impact the bottom line by controlling the gains made with DMAIC.
- Learn how to deploy and document problem solving projects and then maintain the gains made.
Custom Training and Group Discount
We look forward to helping you determine if a Six Sigma program is a good fit with your organization.
Contact Normandale Continuing Education Office at 952-358-8343 or email@example.com to schedule Green Belt or Black Belt certification at your company or receive a group discount for the Green Belt certification.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma has one main objective; to improve the performance of an organization. Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects in any process - from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service.
Six Sigma methodology is the implementation of a measurement-based strategy that focuses on process improvement and variation reduction through the application of Six Sigma improvement projects. This is accomplished through the use of a powerful problem solving model; DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control).
All Six Sigma projects begin with three important questions.
- Who is the customer?
- What are the customer's needs and expectations?
- How well do we meet them?
As a Six Sigma Green Belt you will be able to apply this model, answer these questions and add to the success of your organization.
Am I a good candidate for Six Sigma?
Required for Six Sigma Success
Math skills - high school algebra minimum
- MS Excel user skills
- Motivation and sincere desire to learn and apply strategies outside of the classroom
Recommended for Six Sigma Success
- Business or manufacturing experience
- Problem-solving and creative thinking abilities
- Technical experience or aptitude
- Prior learning in basic statistics
Which part is right for me - Green Belt or Black Belt?
|Green Belt||Black Belt|
|- 8 sessions
- Completing a project is not required for certification, but passing the final examination with 80% is required.
- Should enjoy project management or process improvement work in addition to daily work responsibilities.
- Six Sigma Green Belts come from all areas and levels in an organization.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Should possess good communication style, and be comfortable working with all levels in an organization.
|- 19 sessions
- Must complete a project for certification.
- Green Belt is NOT a prerequisite.
- Black Belts mentor and coach Green Belts.
- Able to deal with difficult business problems, thus they must have positive attitudes.
- Need above average analytical skills and be computer proficient.
- Must be adept at project management and working with leadership in developing strategic project priorities
What is Six Sigma Certification?
Six Sigma certification is a confirmation of an individual's capabilities with respect to specific competencies. Just like any other quality certification, it does not indicate that an individual is capable of unlimited process improvement, just that she/he has completed the necessary requirements from the company granting the certification.
Should I get Six Sigma Certified?
The reasons for certification are the same for any other certification:
- to display proficiency in the subject matter
- to increase desirability by employers
- to potentially increase your salary
Ultimately, certification is a professional decision that can only be made by you. In some cases, it will be required for you to advance within an organization. For instance, at some companies it is a requirement of every salaried employee to be green belt trained and certified if they want to be promoted within the organization. In other cases, Six Sigma certification will display your energy and intent to be a leader within the quality profession.