How to Apply
Interested students should complete the application form, two recommendation forms, and personal statement along with all relevant documentation (items 5 & 6 below).
Completed application packages can be mailed or dropped off at the partner schools in the Upward Bound mailbox.
- You must be a freshman, sophomore, or junior at Richfield, Shakopee, Southwest or Washburn high schools
- Complete the Normandale Upward Bound Application for Normandale Upward Bound membership consideration
- Complete the Personal Statement
- Complete the two Recommendation Forms
- Provide a printed, signed, and dated copy of Parents' completed tax return OR county benefits statement OR social security benefits statement *
- Provide a photocopy of your I-94 OR Green Card OR Alien Registration Card if not a U.S. citizen*
- Return the completed materials to your high school's Upward Bound Advisor or to your high school's main office.
*We are a federally-funded program and this information is gathered solely for the purpose of verifying income guidelines set by the federal government and verifying student eligibility for federal services.