Weddings & Photo Sessions
Normandale Community College's Japanese Garden is a beautiful, popular, and unique location for weddings and photo sessions in the Twin Cities area. Minnesota Bride magazine named the Garden one of the top Metro-area sites for an outdoor wedding. Reserve the Garden for your wedding, and make your ceremony stunningly memorable for you and your guests!
The Garden is available for fee-based wedding ceremonies and events from May through October.
Weddings and Events
The hourly rental rate of the Japanese Garden is $250 per hour. When booking the Japanese Garden for a wedding, a minimum of 2 hours must be reserved. Prices do not include required liability insurance.
Be sure to reserve enough time for both the ceremony and the photography if you are having both in the Garden. Wedding parties arrange for their own clergy and photographer.
To reserve the Garden for your wedding ceremony or an event, please:
Complete the Request for Reservation Application Form and email it to Events@normandale.edu or fax it to 952-358-8130.
Call 952-358-8797 to see if your date and time is available. A Coordinator will call you back with instructions on how to proceed.
When we receive your application, we'll send you a confirmation immediately. No other wedding ceremonies or photo sessions will be scheduled during your reserved time.
Rules for Wedding Parties
Based on the popularity of the Garden, it is imperative that the wedding party:
- Book enough time to allow for early or late arrival
- Arrive promptly at time reserved
- Leave promptly at end of time reserved
- Identify name of wedding party to the Garden Host/Hostess upon arrival
To keep the Garden a beautiful location for future wedding ceremonies, we ask that you abide by these rules:
- A Host/Hostess will be provided by the Japanese Garden Committee. This person will welcome wedding party and guests.
- Please limit your number of guests to 100.
- No folding chairs will be furnished. If necessary, applicant must furnish chairs. Please restrict the use of chairs to elderly guests only, and observe a maximum of eight chairs.
- Guests and photographers must stay on paths.
- No rice, confetti, or similar material is allowed in the Garden. No food or beverages in the Garden, please.
- In case of rain, there is a small shelter (12' x 12') in which the wedding party can exchange vows. No other canopy is allowed.
- A portable toilet is located outside the garden.
- No drinking water is available. In hot weather you may wish to provide some water for your guests, and you may serve this on the College Center patio adjacent to the Garden.
- No dressing facilities are available.
- No smoking in the Garden.
- Please arrange to remove all boxes and waste. We do not have a dumpster for waste.