Normandale Celebrates 50 Years in 2018-19
Key Events Schedule
Sep 15, 2018 | 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Normandale Community College will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary by participating in the Bloomington Heritage Days
parade with a float starting at 10:30 a.m. Spectators should set up and sit along 102nd Street between 3rd Avenue and Harriet Avenue. The parade travels west along 102nd Street beginning at 3rd Avenue S (east of Nicollet, south of 98th St), to Harriet Ave. The College will also have historical information about the 50th Anniversary set up at the Heritage Days History tent. Stay tuned to normandale.edu/celebrate50 for updates and more information about this and other 50th Anniversary events.
Sept 22, 2018
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Join us at the 50th Jubilee Open House at Normandale Community College!
- Take a Magical History Tour
- Check out the pop-up museum timeline
- Taste delicious foods from the decades
- Take the Normandale Trivia Quiz
- Hear the evolution of Normandale in five stories
- Meet alumni and friends, old and new
- Stop by the photo booth to capture the moment
- Bring your photos, share your memories and create new ones!
Sept 24, 2018
11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
The Student Jubilee Celebration will celebrate 50 years since the first official day of classes at Normandale Community College, which took place on September 23, 1968. The event will be a campus celebration that will include games, food, 50th anniversary themed contests and many other celebratory activities.
Sept 24, 2018
4:00 PM to 5:45 PM
Normandale Trivia Event in the Garden Room! Further details to come...
Sept 28, 2018
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Creative writing festival. Further details to come...
50 Years of Normandale
How Can You Get Involved?
We are looking for stories from students, alumni, parents, faculty and staff, business owners, and community members - anyone who has been positively affected by Normandale Community College! Click Here to Share Your Story
You can also email the 50th Celebration Committee at: email@example.com
There are at least
Here are just a few...
- Show your Normandale Pride - wear red
- Participate in a throwback Thursday effort
- Conduct a class in the Japanese Garden
- Work with the library to create a historical exhibit
- Hide medallions on Smiley trail so people look for them on the trail
- Throw a party like it's 1968, 1978, 1988, 1998, 2008
- Create a fashion show for the decade to include music and hair style
- Click here for the 50 ways to celebrate 50 years-