Normandale Celebrates 50 Years in 2018-19
Key Events Schedule
Faculty and Friends Talent Show
Thursday, April 11, 2019
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary, Normandale will host the Faculty and Friends Talent Show on Thursday, April 11, 2019 in the Lorenz Fine Arts Auditorium.
The Normandale Play Project
Written and Directed by Wonderlust Productions
May 1 - 4, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
May 4, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
ASL Interpreted Performance: May 3, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
Normandale Theatre is opening its doors to the campus community and, in collaboration with Minneapolis-based Wonderlust Productions, creating a unique theatrical experience based on the stories of the people at Normandale. No matter where an individual fits in the fabric of the college, the goal is to bring these voices together and create an epic new play that dramatizes the campus community's conflicts, opportunities, challenges, and triumphs. Wonderlust embraces as its mission, "to forge new ways of seeing our common experiences by creating new plays that transform the past into a better future." We will build that future, as we examine our shared history, together.
50 Years of Normandale
How Can You Get Involved?
We are looking for stories from students, alumni, parents, faculty and staff, business owners, and community members - anyone who has been positively affected by Normandale Community College! Click Here to Share Your Story
You can also email the 50th Celebration Committee at: email@example.com
There are at least
Here are just a few...
- Show your Normandale Pride - wear red
- Participate in a throwback Thursday effort
- Conduct a class in the Japanese Garden
- Work with the library to create a historical exhibit
- Hide medallions on Smiley trail so people look for them on the trail
- Throw a party like it's 1968, 1978, 1988, 1998, 2008
- Create a fashion show for the decade to include music and hair style
- Click here for the 50 ways to celebrate 50 years-