Hotel Marketing & Sales Certificate - 20 credits
Why Choose a Hotel Marketing & Sales Certificate?
A Hotel Marketing and Sales Certificate will help you have the skills to ensure that an establishment is run efficiently and profitably, and that you also have the knowledge to create a pleasant atmosphere and quality experience at a hotel, motel, or other types of establishment with accommodations.
The Hotel Marketing Sales certificate includes topics such as:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Principles of Food Production and Sanitation
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management
- Convention and Meeting Planning Management
Normandale's Hospitality Management Program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Careers in Hotel Marketing & Sales
Projected Job GrowthAccording to ISeek.org, job growth will be 10.4%. There will be a need for about 390 new Lodging Managers to meet market demand between 2010 and 2020. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth.
Types of Jobs
Job title examples for hotel marketing and sales include:
- General managers
- Revenue managers
- Front-office managers
- Convention managers
Average State PayAccording to ISeek.org, the average salary in the state of Minnesota for a Lodging Manager is $47,050 ($22.62 per hour).
The Hotel Marketing and Sale Certificate will prepare you for a number of different areas in marketing and business aspects of running a hotel, motel, or other type of establishment with accommodations.
Other Hospitality Degrees & Certificates
- Casino Operations & Management Certificate
- Food & Beverage Management Certificate
- Golf Enterprise Management Certificate
- Tourism Operations & Management Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science in Hospitality Management
- Hotel Operations Certificate
You May Also Like
Hospitality Management Certificates may be completed by students working toward an AAS in Hospitality Management or as stand alone certificates. This certificate is appropriate for the student who wants new skills to obtain a better job, needs new skills for a job upgrade or promotion, or wishes to gain management skills in their current career to change careers.
Required Courses - 20 credits
|HSMA 1103||Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management||4|
|HSMA 2096||Hospitality Management Internship||2-4|
|or HSMA 2097||Senior Hospitality Internship||4|
|or HSMA 2098||International Internship||4|
|HSMA 2150||Revenue Management in Hospitality and Tourism||4|
|HSMA 2172||Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management||4|
|HSMA 2173||Convention and Meeting Planning Management||4|
Other Certificate Requirements
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for college-level coursework (courses numbered 1000 and above) completed at Normandale.
- Earn at least one third of the required certificate credits from Normandale.