Small Business Management Certificate - 18 credits
Why Choose a Small Business Certificate?
This program will give you the background and skills to manage a small business or franchise.
Small business programs teach students how to make a business plan and find start-up funds. They also include topics such as:
- Business Administration
- Enterprise planning and entrepreneurship
- Small business operations and problems
- Personnel supervision
- Capitalization and investment
- Business law and regulations
Normandale's Business Programs are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Careers in Small Business
Projected Job GrowthJob growth varies depending on the area of focus.
Types of Jobs
The following is a link from the Bureau of Labor Statistics pertaining to salaries and job growth for a variety of careers in management.
Students who study small business management typically pursue careers in the field of:
• Chief Executives
• College Business Teachers
• General and Operation Managers
• Social and Community Service Managers
Average PaySarlary varies depending on the area of focus.
Entrepreneurial and small business operations programs teach students how to make a business plan and find start-up funds.
Degrees & Certificates in Business Management
• Associate of Science Degree in Business
• Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business: Marketing and Management
• Small Business Management Certificate
You May Also Like
Business Enrichment certificates may be completed by students working toward an AS or AAS in Business or as stand alone certificates. These certificate programs are designed for the adult student who wants new skills to obtain a better job, needs new skills for a job upgrade or promotion or wishes to gain management skills in their current career or to change careers. The Higher Learning Commission has extended Normandale's accreditation to include online delivery of the Small Business Management Certificate.
Required Courses - 18 credits
|BUSN 1201||Information Technology Concepts and Business Software 1||3|
|BUSN 1220||Business Problem Solving Analyzing - Excel||3|
|BUSN 2155||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUSN 2310||Introduction to Small Business Management||3|
|BUSN 2400||Principles of Marketing||3|
Other Certificate Requirements
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for college-level coursework (courses numbered 1000 and above) completed at Normandale.
- Earn at least one third of the required certificate credits from Normandale.