Marketing Certificate - 18 credits
Why Choose a Marketing Certificate?
Individuals who have studied marketing provide a fresh source of talent for companies and organizations looking to keep current. Marketing is a field of study that can be applied to many different topics, and will give you many options in the marketplace.
Here is a list of skills you will gain when studying this track:
- Marketing strategy and its connection to corporate strategy
- Social responsibility and ethics in marketing
- Marketing research and information systems
- The marketing environment
- Market segmentation, target markets and customer behavior
- The marketing mix: product, price, distribution and promotion decisions
- Collecting information from different sources
- Thinking creatively
- Creating and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Developing and building teams
- Making decisions or solving problems
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
Normandale's Business Programs are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Careers in Marketing
Projected Job GrowthAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, growth for Marketing Research Analysts is 32% for 2012 to 2022, which is much faster than the average industry. Marketing Managers grot from 2012 to 2022 is 12%.
Types of Jobs
Among the attractive career options in marketing are:
- Product and Brand Management
- Sales and Sales Management
- Retail Management
- Marketing Research
- Distribution/Logistics Manager
- International Marketing
Average State PayAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Marketing Research Analysts have a national median income of $60,300 per year ($28.99) per hour. Marketing Managers have a national median income of $115,750 per year ($55.65 per hour)
College students who have studied marketing provide a fresh source of talent for companies and organizations looking to keep current.
Associate of Applied Science
- General Business
- Human Resources Management
- Information Management
- International Business
- Small Business
You May Also Like
Business Enrichment certificates may be completed by students working toward an AS or AAS in Business or as stand alone certificates. These certificate programs are designed for the student who wants new skills to obtain a better job, needs new skills for a job upgrade or promotion or wishes to gain management skills in their current career or to change careers. The Higher Learning Commission has extended Normandale's accreditation to include online delivery of the Marketing Certificate.
Required Courses - 18 credits
|BUSN 1102||Social Media Marketing||3|
|BUSN 1201||Information Technology Concepts and Business Software 1||3|
|BUSN 1210||Exceptional Customer Service||3|
|BUSN 2155||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUSN 2252||Professional Selling||3|
|BUSN 2400||Principles of Marketing||3|
Other Certificate Requirements
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for college-level coursework (courses numbered 1000 and above) completed at Normandale.
- Earn at least one third of the required certificate credits from Normandale.