Human Resource Management Certificate - 18 credits
Why Choose Human Resources Management?
This field is a highly ranked field for individuals who find satisfaction in working with and helping others. It is also a field that also has projected higher-than-average growth in the future.
Students will acquire skills in:
- Personnel and organizational policy
- Labor Relations
- Employment law
- Compensation systems
- Recruitment and selection
Normandale's Business Programs are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Careers in Human Resources
Projected Job GrowthGrowth is projected at 13% through 2022 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Types of Jobs
Students who study human resource management typically pursue careers in the field of:
- College Business Teachers
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Human Resource Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Labor Relations Specialists
- Training and Development Managers
- Training and Development Specialists
Average State Pay
According to ISeek.org,
- Human Resource Specialist's median pay in Minnesota is $25.39 per hour ($52,811 annually)
- Human Resource Assistant's median pay in the state is $18.86 per hour ($39,229 annually).
Human resources (HR) management programs prepare people to manage employment policies and practices in the workplace.
Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Associate of Science Degree in Business
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business: Marketing and Management
- Human Resource Management Certificate
You May Also Like
Business Enrichment certificates may be completed by students working toward an AS or AAS in Business or as stand alone certificates. These certificate programs are designed for the student who wants new skills to obtain a better job, needs new skills for a job upgrade or promotion or wishes to gain management skills in their current career or to change careers. The Higher Learning Commission has extended Normandale's accreditation to include online delivery of the Human Resources Management Certificate.
Required Courses - 18 credits
|BUSN 1201||Information Technology Concepts and Business Software 1||3|
|BUSN 2100||Human Relations and Effective Teams||3|
|BUSN 2155||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUSN 2200||Human Resource Management||3|
|BUSN 2300||Principles of Management||3|
Other Certificate Requirements
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for college-level coursework (courses numbered 1000 and above) completed at Normandale.
- Earn at least one third of the required certificate credits from Normandale.