Normandale Community College
This accessibility navigation can jump to down to content on the page.
Student Complaint & Grievance Process
- Normandale Community College is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU) of public two and four year institutions of higher education designated by Minnesota Statutes Chapter 136F and governed by the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State College and Universities. Normandale Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). If you wish to file a complaint about Normandale Community College with the HLC, you may do so by contacting: Higher Learning Commission, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413.
- Normandale Community College takes student complaints and grievances seriously. If you have a complaint about Normandale, we encourage you to utilize the Institution’s Student Complaint and Grievance Process provided in MnSCU Board Policy 3.8 and System Procedure 3.8.1 by completing and submitting the “Student Complaint/Grievance Form”. If your grievance involves a Board Policy, the actions of the Normandale Community College President, an issue of institutional or program quality such as an institution’s compliance with the standards of an accrediting or licensing agency, or a claim of consumer fraud or deceptive trade practices, you may appeal to the MnSCU System Office pursuant to the above policy and procedure. The contact information for the MnSCU System Office is: Academic and Student Affairs, MnSCU System Office, Wells Fargo Place, 30 7th Street E, Suite 350, St. Paul, MN 55101-7804.
- The above processes do not apply to other complaints or grievances subject to different procedures specified in board, college, or university policies, procedures, or other regulations, including:
- Academic grade disputes. Grade appeals must be handled by completing the “Request for Course Grade Review” form.
- Student complaints regarding discrimination or harassment are subject to Board Policy 1B.1 and System Procedure 1B.1.1, and filed with Normandale’s Human Resources Office.