VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People) is a basic needs organization whose programs include access to healthy foods, social services, housing stability, and supportive services for residents of Bloomington, Richfield, Edina, and a portion of south Minneapolis. VEAP is a trusted partner, establishing connections and developing confidence for clients facing financial uncertainty. Through the use of 3,100 volunteers, VEAP unites neighbors around a common goal of building stronger, more hopeful, communities. VEAP is located at 9600 Aldrich Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420.
Volunteer areas include but are not limited to: Warehouse and Distribution Areas. These positions provide support to the Food Program services through scheduling food appointments, receiving and sorting donated products, stocking shelves, assisting clients in the Distribution Area, and preparing and distributing healthy food samples.
How to Apply:
Easy track option for Warehouse and/Distribution Areas:
- Fill out brief registration form: Food Program Volunteering
- Receive email confirmation with location, parking, entrance, etc.
- Arrive prepared-will complete compliance paperwork (over 18 only), given a brief tour, introduced to shift leader and begin volunteering.
General track option for all other volunteer areas:
- Fill out complete application form and select an Informational Meeting session to not delay your volunteering: General Volunteering (over 18)
- Attend and be engaged in VEAP’s Informational Meeting.
- Have a brief placement interview with the Volunteer Department staff, where you'll schedule a date/time for your service.
If you have questions or need more information please contact VEAP’s Volunteer Department at (952) 955-8323 or by email at email@example.com