One2One at the YMCA exists to empower youth. This spring, we will guide Normandale Community College students and middle school students in mentoring at the Southdale YMCA in Edina. We need 10 Normandale students to volunteer as mentors.
The role of a mentor is to listen, encourage and be a trusted friend to a student as they learn to navigate and succeed in school, relationships and the community. Mentors will meet weekly with their student at the Southdale YMCA, participating in both structured group activities and one-on-one time with their student.
· Thursdays, 2:15pm-4:15pm (January- May) at the Southdale YMCA
· Commit to at least one semester
· Attend weekly programming and meet monthly with YMCA staff
Mentors will receive a FREE membership to the Southdale YMCA for the duration of the program
How to Apply:
· Apply online or contact Hannah Sinnwell atHannah@One2OneMentor.org with questions
· Complete interview process by January 19 or ASAP
· Programming starts January 11 or as soon as application process is complete.