Loaves & Fishes
The mission of Loaves & Fishes is to provide nutritious meals to those facing hunger in Minnesota in an atmosphere of hospitality at site locations where the need is greatest. Over 6500 volunteers assist in serving at dining sites across the state of Minnesota serving nearly 1,900 meals every night.
Volunteers work together at our dining sites, along with Loaves & Fishes staff, to share a meal with our guests.
Volunteers can serve in one or all of the following ways:
- Meal preparation: Volunteers work at the dining sites with Loaves & Fishes Site Coordinators to prepare meals. No special cooking skills are required!
- Meal serving & clean up: Volunteers work together to serve the meal, either serving guests as they come through a line or by serving trays of food to guests at tables. Volunteers help throughout the meal as well as after the meal to assist with kitchen and dining area clean up.
- Guest Hospitality: Some individuals serve as hospitality volunteers by visiting with guests, sharing a meal and conversation.
Locations: Various locations throughout the Twin Cities Metro and outstate.
How to Apply:
1) Second, sign up for shifts at Loaves & Fishes locations listed online by region of the Metro or State.
2) If you have questions you may contact: Director of Volunteers 612-326-3673, Volunteer@loavesandfishesmn.org
Note about Tracking Hours: Volunteers must get a Loaves and Fishes or Normandale timesheet signed each time they volunteer or they can get a Normandale timesheet signed. Students can pickup a Normandale timesheet in the Center for Experiential Education in C1066 or can download a timesheet online. Loaves and Fishes does not keep track of volunteer hours centrally so you must get a timesheet signed each time you volunteer. Turn in completed timesheets to the Center for Experiential Education (C1066).