Fraser has been serving children and families for over 75 years and is recognized as an innovator in serving those with special needs. Fraser involves the entire family - parents and caregivers are the experts when it comes to their children. Since 1935, Fraser has been helping children, adolescents and adults in the greater Twin Cities area reach their potentials. One of the largest community resources of its kind, Fraser offers a lifelong spectrum of services: diagnostic evaluations, comprehensive mental health services including individual and group therapy, rehabilitation services including physical, occupational, speech-language, and music therapy, child care and education for children with typical needs and special needs, housing for adults and children with developmental disabilities, workshops and seminars for parents, caregivers and professionals.
With the support of our volunteers, Fraser serves nearly 10,000 children, adults, and families living with special needs! Volunteers use their time, energy, and passion to create bright futures for our clients.
Create bright futures. Volunteer with Fraser. There's an opportunity for everyone. Our volunteers interact with Fraser clients, share their skills or talent, gain valuable experience in a diverse, inclusive environment, help plan and run Fraser special events. Some opportunities include:
· Be a Buddy- As a Buddy, you can be a trusted friend to an adult with special needs living in our Independent Living Apartments and create memories that last a lifetime! Whatever it is you enjoy, odds are you'll enjoy them even more with your Buddy- whether it’s bowling, reading, cooking, or watching movies. Make a difference. Be-A-Buddy!
· Fraser School- Explore the power of imagination with young learners! Under the guidance of our experienced staff, you’ll work with children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old on activities that integrate the imagination into various aspects of learning. Through this program you’ll travel through the unpredictable adventures in literature, provide important enrichment opportunities through art projects, and conquer the uncharted terrains of the playground. Fraser School Classroom Volunteers encourage learning and give valuable individual attention and encouragement to students.
Please go to our website at www.fraser.org/Volunteer for more opportunities.
How to Apply:
1. Match your interests with one of our current volunteer opportunities. For more information on opportunities go to http://www.fraser.org/Volunteer
2. Complete our online application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1866138023
3. Once we receive your online application, we will contact you to arrange an orientation.
4. Contact Claire Sandahl, Volunteer and Intern Program Manager with questions: email@example.com or 612-798-8337