CLUES is Minnesota’s largest Latino agency and serves the community in four distinct areas: Health and Family Well-being, Economic Vitality, Educational Achievement, and Civic and Cultural Engagement. Our services focus on the Latino family, however, our experience enables us to serve individuals and families from all walks of life. Agency Mission: to advance the capacity of Latino families to be healthy, prosperous, and engaged in their communities.
For a full description, please visit CLUES’ website www.clues.org
- Adult ESL Tutor: Use CLUES’ curriculum and resources to prepare engaging lesson plans for adult learners and teach class once a week independently or with a co-teacher.
- Paso a Paso Children’s Teacher: Work with Spanish-speaking preschool-aged children and lead activities in reading, art, early math, science, and group games.
- Paso a Paso Youth Tutor: work with school-aged students in one-on-one tutoring sessions while their parents attend ESL classes. Spanish helpful but NOT required.
- VITA Tax Preparer: help to provide free tax preparation services to clients with low or moderate income who are primarily Spanish-speaking (Spanish helpful but NOT required).
- VITA Greeter, Screener, or Interpreter: Provide oral interpretation assistance to clients/taxpayers and staff at the site when needed, greet and welcome taxpayers to the site, nsure taxpayers are served in the order they arrived (Spanish Required).
- CLUES Minneapolis: 720 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- CLUES St. Paul: 797 East 7th Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
ESL and Paso a Paso Schedule (volunteers serve one day per week for the duration of the CLUES term):
- CLUES Winter Term: End of January – End of April (tentative start/end January 23 – April 28)
- Morning Schedule: 10:00am – 12:30pm (Mondays – Fridays)
- Evening Schedule: 6:00pm – 8:30pm (Mondays – Thursdays)
VITA Tax Program (volunteers serve a minimum of 2 hours per week during tax season):
- Tax Season Runs from: January 24 – April 15, 2017
- Tuesdays: 4:00pm – 8:00pm at CLUES Minneapolis (720 East Lake Street, Mpls, MN)
- Thursdays: 4:00pm – 8:00pm at CLUES St. Paul (797 East 7th Street, St. Paul, MN)
- Fridays: 3:00pm – 6:00pm at Iglesia Guadalupe (401 Concord Street, St. Paul, MN)
Requirements for All Positions:
Complete an online volunteer application (found at www.clues.org)
- Complete training by CLUES staff prior to the beginning of volunteering
- A criminal background check is required for Paso a Paso and VITA Tax Season Volunteers, and must be cleared before beginning your volunteer service
How to Apply:
A General Volunteer/Intern Application can be found on CLUES website at http://www.clues.org/ under the Get Involved Tab