Agency Description: Through the effective reuse of donated items, Bridging improves lives by providing quality furniture and household goods to those transitioning out of homelessness and poverty. Bridging serves over 80 households each week who are given a sense of dignity and stability as they rebuild their lives. We rely on volunteers to do just about everything at Bridging. Without your help, we simply could not help over 4,000 Twin Cities families in need every year. Listen to our story, meet the clients who benefit from our program and see the place in action. Website: www.bridging.org
Select from a variety of departments and offer up your talents and skills: Warehouse assistant, office support, shopping assistant, and product sorting
OUR GREATEST NEED: Warehouse Assistance
· Move donated furniture, bags and boxes throughout the warehouse.
· Restock shelves for client shopping.
· Accept community donations at the dock door.
· Load and unload vehicles. Lifting required; carts and dollies available.
Scheduling: Set a regular weekly schedule OR rotate from week to week/flexible scheduling. Current openings and schedules will be covered in your orientation tour.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 - 11:30am, 9:30 - 1:00pm, 12:00 - 3:00pm, 3:00 - 6:00pm OR 12:00 - 6:00pm (Some 6-hour shifts will be available during the semester).
Friday: 9:00 - 12:00pm OR 12:00 - 3:00pm
Saturday: 9:00 - 12:00pm OR 12:00 - 3:00pm (fill fast!)
- Our ~30 minute new volunteer tour will give you a better idea of how individual volunteers make a positive impact in the lives of others. We’ll also explain the next steps to take if you’re interested in volunteering at Bridging (in particular scheduling) Tours are offered weekly throughout the year. Opportunities available in Bloomington and Roseville.
- A minimum of 20 service hours is required per volunteer/semester. All shifts are booked in advance. No drop-in volunteering.
How to Apply
1. Choose a Bridging Location (map & directions at www.bridging.org)
· Bloomington: Please contact Sara Felix at 952.460.3750 or email@example.com
· Roseville: Please contact Wendy Erickson at 651.319.9295 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact your selected location to RSVP for a new volunteer tour.
3. All volunteers must complete a volunteer profile (available at www.bridging.org)