Getting Started - (Students)
- Student Email
- Campus Computers/Wireless
- Software Applications
- Additional Resources
The StarID is a username that will be used across the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to access information technology systems and services. As systems are configured to use StarID, the number of usernames and passwords students and employees will need to remember and use will be reduced. StarID will be used to access e-services, D2L, campus computers and wireless.
- Getting Started: go to https://starid.mnscu.edu/ and click “Activate StarID”
You can activate your account using your Tech ID (Student ID) or using your personal e-mail address. Upon activating your StarID, you will set up a password. Do not share this information with anyone.
NOTE: It is important that you update your preferred e-mail information for your StarID to your personal e-mail address as communication pertaining to your StarID, such as password change reminders, will be sent to this e-mail. To do this, click on “Manage Profile” option on the StarID website.
- No Social Security/ E-mail: If you did not provide a Social Security Number or personal e-mail address to the school, you will need to update your information with the Records Office (electronically or in person) or obtain a verification code from the IT Help Desk (in person).
- Updating Your Information: Fill out the Name and Address Change Form located on the Records & Registration website (http://www.normandale.edu/records-and-registration/official-forms.html). Submit the form electronically or in person, along with the required documentation.
- Obtaining Verification Code: Come in to the IT Help Desk (C3022 or P1806). You will need to present a valid picture ID to receive a verification code.
Although you will no longer be using your Tech ID (Student ID) to access student services, it is still important that you keep this information safe and secure. Your Tech ID (Student ID) is unique to Normandale Community College and will often be used to access your records, especially when getting assistance.
- Forgot StarID/Password: If you do not remember your StarID or forgot your password, you can use the StarID Self Service page to look it up and reset your password.
- Getting Help:
- IT Help Desk:
Online: Click here.
This is the MnSCU-hosted website used to register for classes, check your grades, etc. (click here)
- To login use your StarID and password. To reset your password, please go to StarID Self Service page.
- Getting Started:To look up your e-mail username, click here. Login using your StarID and password. The e-mail username is what you will use to check your e-mail.
- Checking E-mail: To check your e-mail, click here. To log in, use your full e-mail username and your StarID password. To reset your password, please go to StarID Self Service page.
- Forwarding E-mail: To forward your institutional email (my.normandale.edu) to your personal email account (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo!):
Login to Office 365 and browse to the Options menu:
Select Forward your email:
Enter your personal email address and select start forwarding. All future email sent to your institutional email account will be forwarded to your personal email address.
NOTE: Your e-mail password and your StarID password are synchronized. Resetting your StarID password, will reset your e-mail password. However, if you change your e-mail password using the Microsoft website, your passwords will become out of synch until your StarID password is reset again.
This is the Normandale Online Learning System (normandale.ims.mnscu.edu).
- To login, use your StarID and password.
- To reset your password, please go to the StarID Self Service page (by clicking here). D2L Orientation Videos as well as other helpful information can be found here.
Your username and password for computers and wireless on campus are the same as your StarID and password. To reset your password, please go to the StarID Self Service page (http://starid.mnscu.edu/). If you are on campus and need assistance getting into computers or wireless, please stop by the IT Help Desk (C3022 or P1805).
If you are using a special software application for your course, or are accessing a special website for your course, you will need to contact and work with your professor for access assistance.
- Search for answers or submit questions using the “AskUs” website: normandale.custhelp.com
- Software Assistance (like how to do something in Microsoft Office)
- Free 24 hour help: call PC Helps at 952-358-9140
- D2L Help: use the links located on the front login page
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction: http://www.normandale.edu/current-students/student-services/tutoring.html.
- Online Tutoring: SmartThinking http://services.smarthinking.com/login/login.php?.
- Atomic Learning: Online Training Website https://www.atomiclearning.com/login/normandale.
- Student Employment: https://normandale.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/