Payment Arrangements

When you register for classes, you are responsible for the tuition and fees. There are various ways to pay your bill and make sure your registration is not dropped: 

Monthly Payments

Sign up for the Nelnet Payment Plan with the required down payment. Visit the Payment Plan for more information.

Financial Aid

File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or MN Dream Act application with the Normandale Financial Aid Office.

Pay in Full

Pay your tuition and fees in full through eServices.

Down Payment

Make payment of 15% of your tuition and fees or $300, whichever is greater. You are encouraged to set up a payment plan for your remaining balance. Please note that signing up for the Nelnet Payment Plan will require you to make another down payment through Nelnet.  Please visit Payment Plan page for more information.

Third Party (when someone else, such as your employer or benefits administrator, is paying your tuition)

Submit a Third Party Billing Authorization to the Payments and Billing Office.

VA Education Benefits

Submit a VA & Military Benefits Request E-Form to request a deferment. Additional documentation may be required to verify benefits entitlement. Visit our VA Education Benefits page for more information

Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)

Submit a VA & Military Benefits Request E-Form to request a deferment. Complete necessary steps through your military branch to secure funding. Submit your TA Authorization to the Payments & Billing Office. Visit our FTA page for more information


Provide proof of scholarship or the scholarship check to the Payments and Billing Office. Visit the Third Party Page for more information.


Submit your PSEO Notice of Student Registration form each semester.  Visit the PSEO page for more information

How do I know I won't be dropped?

When you’ve made payment arrangements, you will see a green checkmark in eServices under Bills and Payment. This tells Normandale that you plan to attend your classes and pay your bill. If you see a RED stop sign, you have not yet made payment arrangements. 


If I don't plan on attending, what should I do?

If you change your mind and don’t plan to take classes, you must drop them or you will be billed for them. You may drop them in eServices or in person at the Registration & Records Office.

Dropping your classes prior to the start of the term allows another student to add the class(es) to their schedule. You will want to drop by the deadline to avoid being charged for your classes. See the dropping your classes page.