Eligibility for a Campus Job
- The first step in getting a job on campus is to have received an award letter that lists your student employment eligibility.
- The amount listed on the award letter is the maximum that you may earn for the academic year. Due to having a limited amount of student employment funds, they are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. A student employment award is NOT a guarantee of employment.
- Be sure that the results of the FAFSA and all other supporting documents are turned into the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office by April 1st of the preceding academic year.
- Once you are hired, you will be given the additional documentation you need to start working by your supervisor. In addition, we recommend that you authorize Direct Deposit through your e-services account.
- You are also required to read the Student Employment Handbook available at Award Notification Information and also on the Student Employment@ Normandale website.
Click on "Students" at the bottom of the page, and then "Normandale's Student Employment Handbook" on the right.
Jobs on Campus
- All available jobs on campus can be viewed and applied for online via the website, Student Employment @ Normandale. Due to COVID-19, student employment opportunities are very limited.
- Choose a job you wish to apply for and apply online at Student Employment @ Normandale. You will be contacted by the supervisor via email when they have received your online job application and are ready to set up an interview.
- If hired, you and the supervisor must complete the required portions of the Student Employment Authorization and ay other documentation. Documentation must be complete before actually performing any work at that job.
- Any hours worked BEFORE receiving your timesheet from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will be considered volunteer hours.
JOB FAIR CONTACT INFORMATION & RESOURCES!
Student Employment Website: https://normandale.studentemployment. ngwebsolutions.com/
Campus Store & Textbook Depot: Juan.Amay@normandale.edu or Chris.Peterson@normandale.edu
- Student employment funds are available to be earned and are thus disbursed in the form of a paycheck.
- Once you start working, you are paid for the hours you work, up to your awarded amount.
- Payday is the second Friday following the Tuesday that timesheets are due.
- All paychecks are direct deposited to your checking/savings account.
If you have questions about your student payroll or completing hiring paperwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs Off Campus
The Career Planning website includes resources for finding and applying to available off-campus jobs. Potential employers who would like to post an off-campus listing should also visit this site.
Student employee Supervisors
- Approval of student employee hours worked must happen no later than 4 pm on the last Tuesday of the pay period. Supervisors must make certain that all student employees have correctly submitted their time before that date. Late e-time submission will cause processing delays and your student employees will not be paid in a timely manner.
- To use the e-time module when you are OFF CAMPUS, go to https://webproc.mnscu.edu/finance-student/supervisor/approveTimeWorked.do
- To use the e-time module when you are ON CAMPUS, go to your e-timesheets module and look at the supervisor view.