SQL is one of the most popular and useful programming languages for many professionals, whether or not you work directly with data, technology, or databases.
Why is SQL so popular?
Every technology system, from the most simple - to the intensely complex, receives, stores, and communicates information, which involves some form of data. Do you work with or within software systems? I’m telling ya, SQL is handy to know.
SQL is a universal open-source language used to answer questions using your data. It makes data searchable, reportable, connected, organized, and viewable in a user-friendly way. Who doesn’t want that? Most of the databases like SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB use this language (with some extensions and variations) to manage the data.
But wait, there’s more!
Understanding how data and information works behind the scenes gives you an enterprise knowledge that reaches beyond your activities. It empowers you to create, design, manage and lead projects more effectively, and gives you language and understanding that is much appreciated by those who may be working deep within the software and applications.
SQL is one of the TOP job skills requested by employers and one of the hardest for them to find. The demand for SQL practitioners has almost doubled since 2017 (Emsi, 2021).
Four of the most popular job titles include:
- Software Engineers & Software Developers - People integrating data into software by making their applications “talk” to databases.
- Data Scientists & Data Analysts - People working directly with the data itself, organizing and exploring it for insight.
Even if you are not seeking those positions, if your work intersects with these professionals, you would be a very smart cookie to learn as much as you can about SQL and become “relatable and credible” to the team with which you are working or managing.
Why We Rock!
- Thoughtful course design. Our courses are structured with approachable learning hours and just the right amount of class time to learn the what, why, and how of critical concepts and then practice each concept in an instant-feedback, personal setting. There is also time to apply the concepts to your own work environment. Additionally, courses are constantly updated and improved based on learner feedback and industry changes.
- Concepts are introduced in a logical order and build on each other in a progressive, comfortable manner.
- You will practice real activities together with at-the-elbow support and coaching.
- You have a rich forum in which to ask questions and get answers in real-time.
- Seasoned, knowledgeable industry experts who transform learning into skills, knowledge, and capabilities. They don’t just talk at you. They facilitate learning through doing and care about you and your individual needs.
- Customized, practical training manuals designed to support continual learning even after you leave the classroom.
- Virtual-live classes that are expertly-facilitated via ZOOM and allow for the “in-person” experience and individual attention.
- Assistance is given to install the software on your own system so that you can use it outside of class. We also have systems available that you can log into if you can’t install.
Series Option 1:
|SQL Level 1||10/12 & 10/19||5:30 - 9:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|MS Access Level 1||10/26 & 11/2||5:30 - 9:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|SQL Level 2||11/9 & 11/16||5:30 - 9:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|SQL Level 3||12/7 & 12/14||5:30 - 9:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|Intro to SSRS & Power BI||1/11 & 1/18||5:30 - 9:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
Series Option 2:
|SQL Level 1||11/11 & 11/18||12:30 - 4:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|MS Access Level 1||12/9 & 12/16||12:30 - 4:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|SQL Level 2||1/9 & 1/13||12:30 - 4:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|SQL Level 3||TBD||12:30 - 4:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
|Intro to SSRS & Power BI||TBD||12:30 - 4:00 PM||$175||Virtual Live (ZOOM)|
SQL Design Certificate
Once you have completed all five of the courses, you qualify for a SQL Design Certificate. Courses may be taken individual as well. You have up to one year to complete your certificate.
Normandale is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a well-respected leader in workforce and professional development. The college is eligible to award professional CEUs and Contact Hours.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 952-358-8343
CORPORATE EMPLOYEE TRAINING
Normandale offers staff and employee development training programs for busy managers and HR professionals that can be launched immediately. Bring SQL to your company! Click here for more information.