Normandale is nominating up to four instructors for the MnSCU Board of Trustees Excellence in Teaching award.
If you are a current Normandale student and would like to nominate an instructor for the award please write a few sentences or more (50 word minimum) about what made the person you are nominating such an excellent instructor for you.
These are the MNSCU system's criteria; include as many as you can. Feel free to leave any out, though, if you have no knowledge about them or nothing to say.
1. Skilled teaching that fosters student learning and adapts to student needs.
2. Exceptional subject knowledge that is current and engages students.
3. Assessment methods that include both grading and teaching for student success.
4. High standards focused on student learning, with the support students need to reach them.
5. Service to students, the college, MNSCU, and the professional community.
Send an e-mail with your nomination by 4:00 p.m., Monday November 3 to Vice President for Academic Affairs, Julie Guelich, at