Admission Procedures for the Summer High School Enrollment Program
The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program is not available during summer sessions.
However, Summer High School Enrollment is available for those high school students in the 11th and 12th grade levels who may wish to take classes during the summer months.
This includes current PSEO students who may wish to take summer courses in between 11th and 12th grade.* The Minnesota Department of Education does not fund the courses taken through the Summer High School Enrollment Program (SHEP); therefore, tuition, fees and books are the student's responsibility.
*PSEO students who are enrolled during the spring semester and who will continue as a PSEO student in the fall semester do not need to re-apply for SHEP.
Applicants must meet course prerequisites or course enrollment standards established by the college. These standards include but are not limited to placement test scores, program admission or other requirements.
Applicants are accepted to the summer program only and are not considered students in the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program nor admitted general enrollment students at Normandale Community College.
Summer High School Enrollment students may also be eligible to earn college credits through the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program during the fall and spring terms. However, students wishing to participate must apply to this program and meet the eligibility requirements. For more information, refer to the Admission Procedures for PSEO Students section of this catalog.
Students who wish to continue their college education at Normandale after their high school graduation do not need to reapply for general undergraduate admission but must notify the Office of Admissions to update their student status.
Individuals interested in applying for the Summer High School Enrollment Program (SHEP) should:
- Complete the Normandale SHEP application form available on the Normandale website in Admissions on the SHEP Program page or by contacting the Normandale Office of Admissions at 952-358-8208.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $20.
- Submit an official high school transcript. The high school transcript must be sealed in an envelope bearing the high school letterhead and enclosed with the application.
- Submit official ACT, SAT or other scores (if available) that may qualify the student for waivers from placement testing (see the Placement Test Waivers section for further information).
- Submit the SHEP Acknowledgement form (available on the SHEP Program web page) signed by the parent.