About Reciprocity

A student who is a legal resident of Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Manitoba may be eligible to pay a reduced tuition rate under formal educational agreements.

Similarly, a legal resident of Minnesota may attend a Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota or Manitoba public instution and pay a reduced, non-resident rate.

Additional information and application forms are available from the Minnesota Higher Education Services Office.

If you have any questions regarding reciprocity, contact Tonya Hanson Huber , Registrar.

Manitoba Reciprocity

Manitoba residents who are attending Normandale Community College pay the Minnesota resident tuition rate.

There is no application for Manitoba reciprocity. Simpy indicate your Manitoba resident-status and your wish to be considered for this agreement on your Normandale application.

North Dakota Reciprocity

North Dakota residents planning to attend a Minnesota public college or university may apply online or print an application from the North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education website or contact:

North Dakota University System
Reciprocity Program
600 E Boulevard Ave DEPT 215
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505-0230
Tel: 701-328-4113

South Dakota Reciprocity

South Dakota residents who plan to attend a Minnesota public college or university can print a reciprocity application or contact:

South Dakota Board of Regents
Reciprocity Program
Box 2201, University Station
Brookings, SD 57007-1198
Tel: 605-688-4497 or 800-952-3541


Wisconsin Reciprocity

Wisconsin residents who plan to attend a Minnesota public college or University can apply online or print an application from the Wisconsin Higher Education Aids Board, or they may contact:

Wisconsin Higher Education Aids Board
Reciprocity Program
PO Box 7885
Madison, WI 53707-7885
Tel: 608-267-2209


Have a Question? Ask Us here.