Drop/Disenroll for Nonpayment
Drop/Disenroll for nonpayment policy
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities' Board Policy allows the college the right to disenroll any student from their classes for nonpayment unless their tuition is deferred. The college also reserves the right to drop any student from their classes if there is a balance due for prior term/semester. The Payments & Billing Office's tuition deferment criteria is available under the Tuition Deferrals webpage.
It is ultimately the responsibility of each and every student to:
- Be aware of the financial consequence for each drop/add/withdraw transaction that will be processed, or has been processed, in-person at the college or online.
- Be aware of the college's policies in regard to refunds.
- Disenroll their classes by the established deadline if they do not plan on attending and not to rely on the college to disenroll them.
- Pay for their classes, or have their tuition deferred, by all established deadlines.
- Even though a student may have their tuition deferred, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to make sure their account balance gets paid in full by the established due date.
- Ask questions if there is uncertainty about a policy or procedure.
- Periodically review their account online to view the balance due and academic holds placed on their account.
Please note that failure to attend your classes (including receiving a grade of F, FN, FW, or W) can lead to financial aid repayment.
The college reserves the right to make any changes to the Drop/Disenroll For Nonpayment policy at any time.