We are pleased to offer payment plan options from Nelnet Business Solutions for Education. Nelnet is a tuition management plan that provides students with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and fees.
The Nelnet payment plan will allow you to make payments by
- Automatic monthly payments from your checking or savings account.
- The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee, a portion of which is remitted to Normandale, and convenience/service fees for credit/debit card transactions.
Through Nelnet, you will be able to
- Arrange for monthly payments
- Arrange for a down payment and monthly payments
- Pay in full from checking or savings account (fees are charged)
- Pay in full with a credit card (fees are charged)
- You will need the following information to complete the payment plan application:
- Checking or Savings Account Number
- Bank Routing Number (The first 9 digits located on the bottom left of your check. The number begins with a 0, 1, or 2)
- Credit Card Number and Expiration Date (if using a credit card to make payments)
- Down payment, if applicable, will be deducted within five days after you complete your application
The $25 non-refundable fee will be deducted within fourteen days from your checking or savings account (if you used a checking or savings account to make your payments).
Monthly payment plan
Automatic monthly payments applied to your credit card [VISA, MasterCard, Discover/Novus, and American Express (call 800-609-8056 for more details)]. Please note: The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee, a portion of which is remitted to Normandale, and convenience fees for credit/debit card transactions. If you elect to pay your account in full, the only fees charged are the $2 fee for full payment and convenience/service fees for credit/debit card transactions.
You may choose to add the cost of your textbooks to your payment plan. Go to the book charging page for additional information.
Please enroll early to assure that your classes are held.
View the Payment Plans document for more details regarding the schedule and deadlines.
Two Sign-up Methods
- Student sign up or parent sign-up with student's MnSCU StarID code and password
Sign up here Once logged on, select Bills and Payments under the Student e-Services section. Then select Enroll in a New Payment Plan.
- Parent sign-up without student's MnSCU StarID code and password
Sign up here A pop-up window will appear and you will be guided through a series of steps.
For help, please email Sandi in the Payments and Billing Office or call 952-358-8468 or 952-358-8242.
When you drop classes, add classes, or receive your financial aid award letter, it is the student's responsibility to notify Sandi in the Payments and Billing Office, in writing or via email, to these changes at least 10 days before your next scheduled payment. Your Nelnet agreement will be automatically increased for any added courses or fees. Automatic payments can not be adjusted during the first five days leading up to your payment date.
If you have specific questions regarding the Nelnet Payment Plan please email Sandi in the Payments and Billing Office or call 952-358-8468 or 952-358-8242.