Important Dates to Remember
- June 3 - Priority Deadline to apply for Financial Aid for Summer 2019. You MUST apply via FAFSA on the WEB and complete the
- June 7- You must be enrolled in all of your Summer courses (including those in all sessions) to be considered for summer funding.
- June 19- If eligible for summer aid, this is the first day summer aid will be disbursed for students enrolled in a June 3 session. Please allow additional time for direct deposit to your designated bank account or by mail.
- June 19- If eligible for summer aid, this is the first day summer aid will be disbursed for students enrolled in a June 17 session. Please allow additional time for direct deposit to your designated bank account or by mail.
- June 20 - Must have completed your 2018-2019 financial aid file, including all supporting documents to received aid for Summer 2019.
- July 12- If eligible for summer aid, this is the first day summer aid will be disbursed for students enrolled in a July 8 session. Please allow additional time for direct deposit to your designated bank account or by mail.
- August 5- Last day to submit a loan request (electronic or paper) for Summer 2019.
Summer tuition deferment policy is available at the Policies section of our webpage.
If you have a consortium agreement and are recieving your aid at another school or you have had your financial aid cancelled because of unsatisfactory academic progress, you will NOT be deferred. Students not meeting the above criteria MUST pay their full tuition/fees by the established payment deadline or their courses MAY BE DROPPED.
However, do not rely on the college to drop your classes for you. If you decide not to attend, you must process a drop in the Records Office, on the web, or send a letter requesting to be dropped prior to the start of the term or you will be charged for those credits.
Types of Aid for Summer
Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, MN Childcare Grants and loans are available this summer. If you are eligible for either Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Loans and you did not use your full eligibility during fall and spring term, you may have eligibility for these programs during the summer.
The financial aid award notification for summer will begin after the summer registration period has started. Students are not awarded summer financial aid until they have registered for summer courses.
Changing Your Schedule
Financial aid adjustments due to class schedule changes: If you decide to add a course after 5th day of the term, your Pell Grant CANNOT be adjusted for the increase in credits. If you drop a course and add another course that is the same number of credits after the 5th day of the term, your Pell Grant will be negatively affected, as your added course will not be recognized.
If you drop any courses after the 5th day of the term, you will be required to repay part or all of your summer aid.
YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE MUST BE FIRM AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES AFTER THE 5th OF THE TERM OR YOU RISK AID REDUCTIONS.
You are required to be enrolled in at least 6 credits (not including w's) at the time of any loan disbursement. If you are not, we cannot disburse the funds to you and may have to return any loan funds previously disbursed for summer.