Important Dates to Remember
- June 3 - Deadline to apply for Financial Aid for Summer 2017. You MUST apply via FAFSA on the WEB and complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA.
- June 5 - You must be enrolled in all of your Summer courses (including those in all sessions) to be considered for summer funding.
- June 9 - If eligible for summer aid, this is the first day summer aid will be disbursed. Please allow additional time for direct deposit to your designated bank account or by mail.
SUMMER DIRECT LOAN DISBURSEMENTS: The total amount borrowed will be split equally and disbursed in two separate payments, the first half at the beginning of the term and the second half at the midpoint of the term. All first-time direct loan borrowers who have never had prior college attendance will be subject to a 30-day delay before their Direct Loan can be disbursed.
- June 15 - Must have completed your 2016-2017 financial aid file, including all support documents, to receive aid for Summer 2017.
- July 28- Last day to submit a loan request (electronic or paper) for Summer 2017.
Summer tuition deferment policy is available at the Policies section of our webpage.
If you have a consortium agreement and are recieving your aid at another school or you have had your financial aid cancelled because of unsatisfactory academic progress, you will NOT be deferred. Students not meeting the above criteria MUST pay their full tuition/fees by the established payment deadline or their courses MAY BE DROPPED.
However, do not rely on the college to drop your classes for you. If you decide not to attend, you must process a drop in the Records Office, on the web, or send a letter requesting to be dropped prior to the start of the term or you will be charged for those credits.
Types of Aid for Summer
Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, MN Childcare Grants and loans are available this summer. If you are eligible for either Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Loans and you did not use your full eligibility during fall and spring term, you may have eligibility for these programs during the summer.
Changing Your Schedule
Financial aid adjustments due to class schedule changes: If you decide to add a course after 5th day of the term, your Pell Grant CANNOT be adjusted for the increase in credits. If you drop a course and add another course that is the same number of credits after the 5th day of the term, your Pell Grant will be negatively affected, as your added course will not be recognized.
If you drop any courses after the 5th day of the term, you will be required to repay part or all of your summer aid.
YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE MUST BE FIRM AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES AFTER THE 5th OF THE TERM OR YOU RISK AID REDUCTIONS.
You are required to be enrolled in at least 6 credits (not including w's) at the time of any loan disbursement. If you are not, we cannot disburse the funds to you and may have to return any loan funds previously disbursed for summer.