Group Study Rooms
There are a limited number of group study rooms in the Normandale Library which are available to currently enrolled Normandale Community College students. The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Permanent assignment of rooms is not made to any particular academic group or social organization.
Group Study Rooms Use Policies:
- Group study rooms are located on the main floor of the library in the north expansion and on the upper level of the library.
- Students must check out a group study room at the Circulation Desk.
- Reservations for group study rooms can be made at the Circulation Desk or online. Rooms may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Study groups of two or more people have priority for use of the group study rooms; small groups and individuals will be assigned to smaller study rooms, when available. Individuals must vacate a group study room immediately if a study group asks to use it.
- Rooms may be used for a maximum of two hours a day per group. If your group needs the room longer than two hours, please check with the staff at the Circulation Desk to see if we can accommodate your request. However, you must be prepared to vacate the room immediately at any point after your initial two hours.
- The group study rooms are very popular. Because of this, if someone is waiting for a room, your reservation will not be held for more than 15 minutes past the scheduled start time.
- Group study rooms are not completely soundproof. Please be considerate of other library users.
- The student checking out the study room is responsible for any damages. Replacement fees will be assessed for any damaged equipment. Cases of deliberate vandalism or abuse will result in loss of checkout privileges and may be prosecuted. If a room is already damaged or inoperable when checked out, notify the Circulation Desk immediately.
- The library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. If you leave the room unattended, you risk the loss of your possessions.
- The priority use of group study rooms is for students engaged in academic work. Group study rooms are not available for other functions, such as committee meetings, testing, classes, lectures, or seminars.
Group Study Rooms Technology:
- Normandale Library provides 32- flat panel monitors in the group study rooms for student use. These monitors allow for connection of either personal or Normandale laptops.
- Connections are currently provided for PC VGA and HDMI formats. Any additional adapters, DVI connection cables, or other input interface cables or devices, should be supplied by users of the equipment.
- Normandale cannot be held responsible for any damages that occur to personal devices as a result of connecting or using the provided equipment.
- Any damages that may occur while connecting to the provided Normandale equipment are the responsibility of the parties using the equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, the monitor, VGA Cable, checkout laptops, etc.
- Questions or problems should be reported to the Library circulation desk.