The Humanities division is comprised of Art, English, English for Academic Purposes, Music, Reading, Theatre and World Languages and provides a foundation of general education on which our students can build an academic major.
The foundation of general education within this division includes:
- Skills for a life of critical thinking, reflection, research and effective communication.
- Understanding appreciation and active participation in intellectual, artistic, cultural, linguistic and personal creativity.
- Challenges that develop new insights about self understanding and about how the self is able to interact with others in relationships both personal and communal.
- Motivation to be informed, responsible citizens in a representative democracy.
- Awareness of the human condition in all its diversity and in the contexts of history.
- Confrontations with issues of social responsibility, human rights and dignity.
- Fostering knowledge, awareness and desire for continuous learning.
- Appreciation for the myriad of languages and cultures in our world.
Dean of Humanities
Jeff Judge, Dean of Humanities
Sandi Quiñones, Assistant to the Dean of Humanities
Martha Wittstruck, Chair of Fine Arts
Eric Mein, Chair of English
Aaron Moe, Chair of Music
Jan Bayer, Chair of Reading
Sean Byrd, Chair of Theatre
Heidi Kreutzer, Chair of World Languages
Fine Arts Building
Office F 1264
Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.