Student Email FAQ
Have email questions? Here are some answers. If your question isn't answered, please contact us.
- When will I get a student email account?
- How do I look up my email address?
- How do I log into my email?
- Can I change my email address?
- When does my StarID password expire?
- How do I forward my email to your personal email address?
- How can I set up my email on my smartphone, mobile device, or email client?
- How long is my Normandale email active?
An account is created based on your student status:
- Brand New Students - An email account will be created after you receive confirmation of acceptance to the college. This may take up to 24 hours after acceptance.
- Former Students - If your last class ended more than 2 years ago, you must be registered for classes before receiving a new account. It will take up to 24 hours after registering for courses before the email account will be available.
- Visiting Students - Visiting students will receive an email account approximately 24 hours after registering for courses. You must register for classes before receiving an email account.
To find out what your Office 365 email address is, please log in to your email. Then click on your picture in the top right corner and click on profile. Your primary email address will be listed on your profile page.
You have multiple email addresses in Office 365. However, you only have one primary email address. This primary email address may or may not be a my.normandale.edu email address. This is because multiple Minnesota State Colleges and Universities institutions have combined into a single Office 365 to allow students to transition from one school to another without losing their email history and files.
If your primary email address is not an @my.normandale.edu email address, please log in to StarID Self Service and click on the Office 365 Contact tab to change it.
You can log into your email as follows:
- Username: YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
- Password: Your StarID Password
You can get to the email login page by going to www.Normandale.edu/email
There are two ways to change your email address:
- You can change your primary email address to the address of a different college or university. For example, if your primary email address does NOT end in my.normandale.edu, you can request that your primary email address is changed to your Normandale email address. Both email address will continue to receive email. Your primary email address is only used to send mail.
To change your primary email address, please log in to StarID Self Service and click on the Office 365 Contact tab.
- You can request to have your email address changed if you have legally changed your name. This can only be done after your have worked with the Record and Registration office to change your name in our systems.
To request an email address change, please contact us.
Your StarID password expires every 180 days. In order to reset your password, please visit https://starid.minnstate.edu and click Reset my Password.
Please visit, Student Email Forward for more information.
How can I set up my email on my smartphone, mobile device, or email client?
Please visit, Set up Email on your Mobile Device for more information.
Your Normandale email will remain active until 2 years after your date of last attendance.