How to Participate
1. Meet the Eligibility Requirements:
2. Attend an information session for the program of your choice, or contact an EGL representative from your school.
To find out how to contact your EGL representative, download the EGL Campus Contact List.
3. Complete the following forms:
4. Read and comply with all payment dates as outlined for your program.
If you plan to use financial aid, complete the Federal Financial Aid Form (FAFSA) as soon as possible and consult the Payment & Financial Aid section for further instructions.
5. If you are not a student at Normandale Community College, complete the Application for Admission to Normandale Community College.
If you are a student in good standing at another school that is part of the EGL consortium, the standard application fee is waived. No transcripts or vaccinations are needed. In addition to being downloaded and printed, the application may also be obtained from Dan Creed, program coordinator. Online applications are available but are subject to an additional fee.
Payment & Financial Aid
Go to our company web site and register for a payment plan. Prices do increase over time, so the earlier you pay a deposit, the sooner you lock in a price.
About Financial Aid
Financial aid may be available for you to pay for all or part of your program. It comes in the form of grants, loans and scholarships. Many students qualify for financial aid.
Students who wish to use financial aid MUST begin the process early in order to allow enough time for everything to get processed. Students who are not currently enrolled at Normandale must transfer financial aid to Normandale.
Scholarships for Study Abroad Programs
- Gilman Scholarship - Deadline: March 1st every year.
- NCC Foundation Scholarship - Deadline: Mar 1st and Nov 1st every year
Conduct and Responsibilities
All Normandale students are required to familiarize themselves with, as well as conform to, college rules and regulations governing personal conduct on campus or at all College-sponsored activities. Additionally, students participanting in Normandale Community College's study abroad programs will be subject to overseas law (federal and local) during their temporary residency abroad.