Expand Your Career
There are career "hot spots" in every industry. You'll find classes, workshops and free events designed to help you match your interests with today's career opportunities.
Normandale offeres Character Strengths that participants will learn how to apply Character Strengths personally, professionally, and with clients, using strengths in goals setting, "hot buttons," and more. Contact us for more information.
Career Transition (New World of Work)
The new world of work is shifting the way we think about work, jobs and careers. More than ever, we need to understand our own unique abilities, transferable skills, values and goals. We also need to learn to become fluent in our efforts to self-promote and to find those opportunities that are "a match for us" whether they come in the form of a job, contract or self-generated income streams.
Normandale is connected to this new world of work. We work with career counselors, talent recruiters and employers. We understand that making a career transition can be stressful and that searching for a job is challenging. Attend a career information session or call 952-358-8343 for one-to-one advising.
FREE Career Information Sessions
Normandale Partnership Center, Room P1840, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
ID: 40543 Mon, 2/2/15
ID: 40544 Mon, 2/23/15
ID: 40545 Mon, 3/9/15
ID: 40546 Mon, 3/30/15
ID: 40547 Mon, 4/13/15
ID: 40548 Mon, 4/27/15
ID: 40549 Mon, 5/11/15
Take control of your career while bringing direction, purpose and meaning to your work.
Boost your chances of success in your new or small business. Identify the abilities required of succesful entrepreneurs and how to acquire them. Take a peak on some our our classes/certificates that designed to help you develop and gain techniques to successfully manage and market your new busines.
K-12 Teacher Certifications
Human Relations for Teachers: In partnership with MN Department of Education, Normandale offers K-12 certification and recertification programs. Individual should seek approval from the MN Deparment of Education to take this shortened version of Human Relations courses
- Human Relations for Teachers - This course is designed to meet the Minnesota requirement for in-service teachers with teaching certificates and is offered several times each year.
- The American Indian Component - This course is for teachers with teaching certificates who need American Indian studies to satisfy the human relations requirement for certification.
Online Courses for K-12 Teachers
These professional development courses are designed for K-12 teachers.
Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
The Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) credential is for individuals working in a variety of career development settings who have met the requirements set forth by the NCDA and Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc. GCDF work roles include:
- WorkForce development personnel
- Jo counselors
- Career development case managers
- Job search trainers
- Career resource center coordinators
- Career coaches
- Career development group facilitators
- Intake interviewers
- Human resource career development coordinators
- Employment/placement specialists
- Occupational and labor market information resource persons
What the program includes:
- Training required for national certification eligibility
- Enhanced skills and knowledge you can apply immediately
- Convenient scheduling
- Instruction by a nationally certified and highly experienced instructor
What you will learn:
- Helping skills
- Labor market information and resources
- Assessment and assessment instruments
- Working effectively with diverse populations
- Ethical and legal issues
- Career development models
- Employability skills
- Training clients, peers and groups
- Program management and implementation
- Promotion and public relations
- Technology, computers, web sites
- Consultation skills
The GCDF Program is offered through a partnership of the National Career Development Association & the Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc
Contact us for more information about this program or view our Spring schedule here
Training & Development
Training and instructional design have become valuable skills for business professionals. Learning occurs in different ways and through various modes. The following online courses are designed to help you deliver content that is engaging, relevant and easily applied.