Expand Your Career
There are career "hot spots" in every industry. You'll find classes, workshops and free events designed to help you match your interests with today's career opportunities.
Normandale offeres the Myers - Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory (SII) to help identify interests and preferences that can guide you in evaluating education and career options. Character Strengths will cover spotting strengths, using strengths in goals setting, "hot buttons," and more.
Career Transition (New World of Work)
The new world of work is shifting the way we think about work, jobs and careers. More than ever, we need to understand our own unique abilities, transferable skills, values and goals. We also need to learn to become fluent in our efforts to self-promote and to find those opportunities that are "a match for us" whether they come in the form of a job, contract or self-generated income streams.
Normandale is connected to this new world of work. We work with counselors, career experts, talent recruiters and employers. We have developed a new partnership with SHiFT, a not-for-profit organization committed to supporting people through midlife transitions.
We understand that making a career transition can be stressful and that searching for a job is challenging. It is our goal to provide you with straightforward and relevant resources.Take a look at our courses/programs that designed to help you put your best foot forward.
Take control of your career while bringing direction, purpose and meaning to your work.
Boost your chances of success in your new or small business. Identify the abilities required of succesful entrepreneurs and how to acquire them. Take a peak on some our our classes/certificates that designed to help you develop and gain techniques to successfully manage and market your new busines.
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Cash is King
- Funding Your Business
- Business Research Certificate
- Turning Your Healing Arts Passion into a Business
- Preparing to Work in Media Sales
- Growing Your Business with Self-Publishing
- Turning Your Healing Skills into a Business
- Is a Sales Career for You?
- And more!
K-12 Teacher Certifications
Human Relations for Teachers: In partnership with MN Department of Education, Normandale offers K-12 certification and recertification programs. Individual should seek approval from the MN Deparment of Education to take this shortened version of Human Relations courses
- Human Relations for Teachers - This course is designed to meet the Minnesota requirement for in-service teachers with teaching certificates and is offered several times each year.
- The American Indian Component - This course is for teachers with teaching certificates who need American Indian studies to satisfy the human relations requirement for certification.
Online Courses for K-12 Teachers
These professional development courses are designed for K-12 teachers.
Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
The Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) credential is for individuals working in a variety of career development settings who have met the requirements set forth by the NCDA and Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc. GCDF work roles include:
- WorkForce development personnel
- Jo counselors
- Career development case managers
- Job search trainers
- Career resource center coordinators
- Career coaches
- Career development group facilitators
- Intake interviewers
- Human resource career development coordinators
- Employment/placement specialists
- Occupational and labor market information resource persons
What the program includes:
- Training required for national certification eligibility
- Enhanced skills and knowledge you can apply immediately
- Convenient scheduling
- Instruction by a nationally certified and highly experienced instructor
What you will learn:
- Helping skills
- Labor market information and resources
- Assessment and assessment instruments
- Working effectively with diverse populations
- Ethical and legal issues
- Career development models
- Employability skills
- Training clients, peers and groups
- Program management and implementation
- Promotion and public relations
- Technology, computers, web sites
- Consultation skills
The GCDF Program is offered through a partnership of the National Career Development Association & the Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc
Contact us for more information about this program or view our Fall schedule here
Training & Development
Training and instructional design have become valuable skills for business professionals. Learning occurs in different ways and through various modes. The following online courses are designed to help you deliver content that is engaging, relevant and easily applied.