Dakota County Community Corrections
Agency Description: The purpose of the program is to hold youth accountable for their unlawful behavior by providing them with the opportunity to pay back their victims and their
community through productive work.
Work Crew Assistant Supervisor:
· Assists the Work Crew Supervisor in maintaining control and holdingyouth accountable for adhering to work crew rules. Assists with the supervision and organization of the work of youth in a productive manner and using proper safe work procedures.
· Assists with monitoring the performance of youth and the completion of time records and work evaluation reports.
· Assists with instructing youth in the proper method of work task completion through demonstration, direct feedback and modeling.
· Time commitment: Once per week. We offer 8 and 5 hour shifts. During the school year, typical work hours are work hours are Saturdays 7:00am to 3:00pm and some weekdays from 2:00pm to 7:00 pm. When school is not in session, a typical work day is from 7:00 am to 3:00pm.
· There will be mandatory training of about 8 hours pertaining to the specific duties of this position.
- Qualifications Desired:
· Experience working with juveniles in a supervisory role is highly desirable.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and court records.
· Ability to establish and maintain accurate records.
· Ability to hold clients accountable for their behavior.
· Ability to work independently within Departmental and program policies and procedures.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departmental members as well as other County departments engaged in work crew assignments.
· Ability to express oneself clearly, both orally and in writing and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
How to Apply:
Download a Volunteer Application online and mail to this address at Dakota County Community Corrections:
Attn: Brandon Head
1 Mendota Rd. West Ste 510
West St. Paul 55118
Contact Brandon Head, the Volunteer Coordinator at 952-891-7151, with any questions