Steps to apply as a transfer student
Apply online. Applications are also available by calling the Office of Admissions at (952) 358-8201. The online application fee must be paid by Visa or MasterCard. Paper applications must include a check or money order payable to Normandale Community College. Acceptance is pending until the application fee is received.
- Submit copies of score reports from any previous ACT, SAT or course placement testing you have completed.
Previous score reports may provide you waivers from Normandale's placement testing requirements.
Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges attended.
Students who have taken courses at other colleges and universities must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities they have attended. Your transcripts could also include Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) official score reports. Exception: You do NOT need to submit transcripts from other Minnesota State colleges and universities you have attended. Normandale will obtain these for you after your application is processed. This exception does not apply to the University of Minnesota.
- Official electronic transcripts: We recommend secure electronic PDF transcript delivery if it's available. Orders that require an email address should use email@example.com.
- Official paper transcripts: Paper transcripts must be prepared and sealed by the issuing institution in an envelope bearing that institution's letterhead and mailed directly to:
Normandale Community College
Attn: Records & Registration
9700 France Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55431-4399
Steps for enrollment as a transfer student
Apply and be accepted for admission to Normandale.
Schedule and complete any required placement testing.
When your completed application for admission, application fee and required transcripts have been submitted, the Normandale Office of Admissions will send, within five business days, a letter verifying an admissions decision. If you are accepted for admission, you should immediately arrange to take any required placement tests in reading, writing and mathematics by making reservations as directed in your acceptance letter.
Complete the New Student Online Orientation.
When your placement testing requirements have been satisfied, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Student Student Online Orientation. The Orientation can be completed at any time, and once it is completed you will be able to meet with an academic advisor to register for classes.
Transfer Students from Accredited Colleges or Universities
Except for those students transferring from other Minnesota State colleges and universities, transfer students must submit official transcripts from all colleges they have attended. Normandale will review the transcripts and grant a placement test waiver in the associated academic skill area if the student has completed transferrable coursework and has:
- Earned a grade of C or higher in a college-level English composition course (if not, the English and reading tests are required).
- Earned at least 12 transferable semester credits with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher or completed an equivalent to ENGC 1101 (if not, the reading test is required).
- Earned a grade of C or higher in a college mathematics course during the last two years (if not, the mathematics test is required if the student is planning to register for math class; is registering for a course with a math prerequisite; or is applying to a program with a math requirement).
Note: All students are responsible for the prerequisites and placement test scores required for classes. If a student registers for a course for which prerequisites have not been met, the College may drop the student from that class without a refund.