Guaranteed Transfer

 The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities has teamed up with the 7 public 2-year campuses in the metro area to offer the The Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program (MnCAP). 

When you enroll in the MnCAP program, you will be guaranteed transfer admission to one of the participating U o MN colleges/majors when you meet certain conditions.

Prior to enrolling at the University of Minnesota, you should do the following:

  • Complete the AA degree or the MN Transfer Curriculum here at Normandale.

  • Complete the appropriate prerequisite and introductory courses for your intended major, with grades of C or higher  (If you enter the MnCAP program as an undeclared major, you must have declared a major in one of the participating colleges by the time you apply for transfer to the U of MN.)

  • Meet the priority application deadline for the term you wish to begin

  • Meet any addtional conditions for individual U of MN colleges (found on the U of MN website)

Participating  U of MN Colleges -

  • College of Biological Sciences (CBS)
  • College of Design (CDes) (Housing studies and environmental design only)
  • College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) (Family social science and you studies only)
  • College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS)
  • Institute of Technology (IT)

Applying to MnCAP

Visit the U of MN Transfer Admissions website and download the application form.