Welcome back! If you are returning to Normandale after being away for a while, the following information can get your started back up.
Set up your StarID and password.
- Your StarID is used to access eServices, D2L, and email. If you need to look up or activate your StarID, or reset your password, do so here.
- Your TechID an 8 digit number on your Student ID card. If you no longer have it, contact the Records Office.
Update your record.
- Make sure that your name, address and major are current.
- Send an official transcript of any colleges you attended since you were last enrolled at Normandale.
Register for classes.
- Your StarID and password are needed to log into eServices. You can reveiw the degrees currently offered and their requirements here.
- Placement tests results for Reading and English placement expire after 3 years; Math placements expire after 2 years (or, if you submitted ACT or SAT scores, they are valid for 5 years). If you have not taken the correct courses and your results have expired, you will need to retest.
Get help with academic planning.
- Met with an academic advisor or counselor and get off on the right start! To schedule a 30-minute planning appointment, call 952.358.8621.
- Students may also stop by Express Advising walk-in hours for quick 5-10 minute questions.
Pay for classes.
- If you intend to use financial aid, make sure you complete the FAFSA.
- You will be able to access Financial Aid and Payments and Billing information in your eServices.
Buy your textbooks.
- Once you have registered, you can order your books here. Go to TEXTBOOKS on the menu, and enter your class information (which can be found in eServices under "Review my Plan").
Access your Normandale email and D2L regularly.
- You are required to use your Normandale email account. Pay special attention to the login directions, since you don't enter your email address.
- D2L is our course management system, and and essential to your success as a student. It is accessed with your StarID and password.
For assistance with any or all of these steps, please call 952.358.8261 to schedule a 30 minute appointment with an academic advisor or counselor.