Free tutoring support in many subject areas is available in the Tutoring Center for all students attending Normandale Community College. Tutoring is available on a walk-in basis. Our tutors do not take appointments. Please bring your assignment, Normandale ID card, and questions about your homework.
The goal of our tutors is to help you become a more independent learner. Tutors are not permitted to do any of your work for you, including checking or correcting your homework or teaching you course content because you have been absent from class. A tutoring session lasts up to 30 minutes. You may see a tutor more than once per day, but you will be asked to check in before each tutoring session.
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that is available to registered Normandale students. Smarthinking provides tutoring in Mathematics (basic math through calculus), Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Statistics and Writing. Each student can receive up to 900 minutes of Smarthinking tutoring per year for free.
Smarthinking tutoring is available 24/7.
With Smarthinking you can
- Interact with a live tutor
- Submit your writing for any class to the Online Writing Lab
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor
- Log in to Online Education (D2L)
- On your home page, find the Smarthinking icon.
- For first-time users, click on the "Register here" link.
- If you are registered, click on the "Login here" link.